Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Two Blitzes on the Green

It still gets surprises out there. The Blitz is a cool tool for a refin though. I might score one some time. If Cites weren‘t build a wall, I‘d probably there already.

18 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said:

Dude engraved his initials & social security number on the back of the trem cover... from California... remember when you could do that without fear of fraudulent identity theft? :unsure:

Back in the day, that’s what us military types did. In fact your name and SSN went on all of your gear. Many of us went on to inscribe our SSNs on Hi-Fi gear and any valuables because it would be easily identified if stolen. Who knew the day would come when our SSNs would be stolen.

I really dig that 'Spy vs. Spy' graphic.  I wonder if the logos had to be redone when they repainted these guitars, I can't quite tell on the 'Spy vs. Spy' guitar, but the 'USA'  looks kinda big...the 'USA' definitely looks larger and non-standard on the checkerboard one, and the Hamer logo looks like inlaid pearl, kinda...or stick-on lettering.

On 6/28/2019 at 4:14 PM, bubs_42 said:

The Blitz, one Hamer i've never owned. The Sustainblock ones come up and disappear quickly. This guy has been around here, he is a member or used to be. 

Come to the dark side Shawn......... 

IMG_9571.JPG

• 1 month later...

The newest seller notes that there is not locking nut - but It looks like there was one on there at one time?

It cool looking and I like the guitar a bunch, but with that much money spent on a high end re-fin - why not reinstall a locking nut while you are at it?  

By no means trying to slag the guitar, just an odd thing to me.

Archived