Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Let’s talk SHIPPING CHARGES!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if he MEANT to do that or not, but I chuckled!

I had a NOS B-12A case that I don't need.  I tried to give it away, basically for the shipping cost.  The ULINE box - just the box - that will fit those dimensions, costs over $100.

I should just build my own damned box...if I ever have that kind of time.

5 hours ago, kizanski said:

Precisely my point, so the the cost is NOT "more than reasonable."
It's not even anywhere near reasonable.

I have a great service experience from everyone I have contact with on my end.  I'm on a first name basis with my UPS and FEDEX drivers and I can't recall a bad experience out of hundreds (thousands if we're counting more than guitars) that was their fault.  I'd still feel I was getting a fair shake if I paid $20 more, so yeah, the price I pay is MORE than reasonable.

2 minutes ago, cynic said:

I'd still feel I was getting a fair shake if I paid $20 more, so yeah, the price I pay is MORE than reasonable.

Give it a couple of months... You will.

As for "reasonable" you're the only one who feels that way, so I'm happy for you.

32 minutes ago, cynic said:

...out of a group of notoriously cheap fucks.

There is definitely no shortage of BAMFs here, but I ain't one, son.

7 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

Moral of the story, play what you have, love what you got, because flipping isn't what is used to be. Even if you want to break even, I don't mind loosing a few bucks here and their (Rental Fee) but its a tough market for the non ultra high end stuff, or ultra rare. 

Yeah, my days of flipping are pretty much done too, and shipping prices are just another nail in that coffin.  Next to this string and my little 'wake up call' about Ebay collecting State Sales Tax this morning, it's been such a fun week.  I think I'll stay away from any 4th of July fireworks displays, just to be safe.

14 hours ago, kizanski said:

Everything is all about price.  

The price of a new car continues to rise every year, but you can almost always see improvements year to year.  Technology improves.  Safety features improve.  

Shipping costs continue to increase even though they're providing the same shitty service in the same shitty way.  

I've nothing to add...

I contacted Reverb on the cost of their shipping protection and they said from 1-3% of the sale price with the average being 2%

On 7/1/2019 at 9:37 PM, cynic said:

Reverb boxes?  Nope.  They fold them in half to ship.  I throw away boxes when they fold.  

Received the Reverb boxes right away.  First impression is they look good. Sturdy, thick construction, albeit folded in half as stated.
Just finished packing a guitar for shipment tomorrow and I can say without any hesitation that in the event something does happen to this guitar en route, it won't be because the box was shipped to me folded in half.

Archived