Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Get me out of the 90's!

Not sure about the years, but after early eighties, nineties and so on the ones with bounded headstock and the V inlays are the ones which are still with me. The rest (beside a 90ties Vanguard) is gone for good...67326C31-6FCA-41FF-B88A-627C93EB41B3.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Montelovesco said:

Not sure about the years, but after early eighties, nineties and so on the ones with bounded headstock and the V inlays are the ones which are still with me. The rest (beside a 90ties Vanguard) is gone for good...67326C31-6FCA-41FF-B88A-627C93EB41B3.jpeg

Dayum, looks like the morning after an alcohol, cocaine fueled orgy 😆

3 hours ago, rephillips said:

I think I am going to set my sights on a Talladega...better get a bigger piggy bank...

20 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said:

Cough, cough... mahogany Artist 🤘

Both great choices!

I was always interested in the early Hamer "shredder" models from the mid-80's, but I like the thinner neck profiles from the early 90's  better. With Hamer I was always interested in the Steve Stevens, FB, Chap, Cali and Chap Bass, but I always love to see all those custom one off's. I always have interests in particular guitar models (Gibson Norlin era mostly from 1970-1985, Fender from 1980-1985 and 1998-2004, Kramer 1983-1985) There are some nice models from other years from time to time, but mostly I am into that old stuff.

13 hours ago, rephillips said:

I think I am going to set my sights on a Talladega...better get a bigger piggy bank...

Excellent choice. My Talladega is the finest guitar I’ve ever owned. It’s just so well built, plays and sounds amazing. I, for one, absolutely love the sharp V neck carve. Possibly my favorite neck shape of all time. 

28 minutes ago, Travis said:

I, for one, absolutely love the sharp V neck carve. Possibly my favorite neck shape of all time.

‘50s Strat baby! Nicest playing Strat I ever had was ‘56 CS Reissue. Kick myself for trading it away!

I only have three Hamers of different models & years ('89, '94, 2000), each with a completely different neck carve. The neck carve of the '94 is that thin and wide neck carve, which is my least favorite, even though the guitar has the best tone of all three. My favorite neck carve is from the '89 Cali, and even though I may not use the upper frets, I like that access to them means everything up to the 24th fret is easily reached with no hindrance whatsoever.

My least favorite Hamer era is when some knucklehead bought the name and decided to resurrect the brand in the last couple years... Oh, wait, those aren't real Hamers. Nevermind.

Archived