Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: 1996 Hamer USA Artist Custom At DGS

Arrived yesterday. An exceptional guitar in better than advertised condition.

I'm assuming that the Duncan Seth Lovers are a post-factory addition.  Wouldn't a '96 come with the '59 and JB set?  I'm definitely not complaining -they sound great.

uQN0B45eQeC%SDs2exxhMg.jpg

Congrats on the snag!  IIRC, I think Seths were standard equipment for Artist Customs, back in the mid-90's.  But I could be wrong, seems like I remember reading that in the Hamer catalog that was out at that time...I have that catalog buried in or under stuff somewhere.

No, they came with Seths. Had a 96 with Seths, just bought a 98 recently, also with Seths. 59/JB was optional.

And be grateful, they sound better in the Artist.*

That's a lovely guitar. Glad it's even nicer than the pics.

*According to my personal tastes, but you know, this is the internet so I'll just say it's universal.

23 hours ago, BadgerDave said:

Arrived yesterday. An exceptional guitar in better than advertised condition.

I'm assuming that the Duncan Seth Lovers are a post-factory addition.  Wouldn't a '96 come with the '59 and JB set?  I'm definitely not complaining -they sound great.

uQN0B45eQeC%SDs2exxhMg.jpg

22 hours ago, Moose said:

No, they came with Seths. Had a 96 with Seths, just bought a 98 recently, also with Seths. 59/JB was optional.

And be grateful, they sound better in the Artist.*

That's a lovely guitar. Glad it's even nicer than the pics.

*According to my personal tastes, but you know, this is the internet so I'll just say it's universal.

Yeah, my ‘96 also has Seths. Great guitar - congrats!!!

I was afraid my 2001 would be a feedback monster with the unpotted Seth's, but that set of Holmes I've been sitting on for more than a decade is still in the box! I LOOOOOVE the way the Artist and Seth's sing together! Great axe! And absolutely stunning! (Yours, I mean! Mine's gorgeous, too, but your top is next-level! Enjoy, and play it loud!)

4 hours ago, joshoowah said:

I was afraid my 2001 would be a feedback monster with the unpotted Seth's, but that set of Holmes I've been sitting on for more than a decade is still in the box! I LOOOOOVE the way the Artist and Seth's sing together! Great axe! And absolutely stunning! (Yours, I mean! Mine's gorgeous, too, but your top is next-level! Enjoy, and play it loud!)

Just keep counting your dollars your earning on those Holmes staying in that box. LOL

I bought a guitar a couple years back that had Holmes pickups.  That $2300 guitar became a $1750 guitar after selling those overpriced objects of TGP adoration and replacing them with the more reasonably priced objects of HFC adoration (Gravelin’s). 

Edited to add:  I'm not sure how the OP guitar slipped by me, but @BadgerDave I'm standing by money in hand in the event you decide it's not for you.

The gold hardware bothered me enough to consider changing it all out for nickel. I've never been a fan of gold, especially on guitars that aren't black Les Paul Customs.

I was on the Faber website about to order when I realized I needed to curb my OCD. I realized that the biggest visual offenders were the big gold pickups and I happened to have a set of Josh's Shiblotniks on hand, so . . .

The Seths are good, but it's better now.

PFdII9DNTFWDLk1vLiR1Rg.jpg

Archived