Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  
crunchee

PSA: 1996 Hamer USA Artist Custom At DGS

Looks very similar to mine, so I’m assuming it’s equally awesome. Someone will really enjoy that one...

• Like 1

And it's gone...who got it?

Posted (edited)

Arrived yesterday. An exceptional guitar in better than advertised condition.

I'm assuming that the Duncan Seth Lovers are a post-factory addition.  Wouldn't a '96 come with the '59 and JB set?  I'm definitely not complaining -they sound great.

uQN0B45eQeC%SDs2exxhMg.jpg

Edited by BadgerDave
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)

I would think that would sound really good.  Tone report please.

Edited by BubbaVO

Congrats on the snag!  IIRC, I think Seths were standard equipment for Artist Customs, back in the mid-90's.  But I could be wrong, seems like I remember reading that in the Hamer catalog that was out at that time...I have that catalog buried in or under stuff somewhere.

• Like 2

No, they came with Seths. Had a 96 with Seths, just bought a 98 recently, also with Seths. 59/JB was optional.

And be grateful, they sound better in the Artist.*

That's a lovely guitar. Glad it's even nicer than the pics.

*According to my personal tastes, but you know, this is the internet so I'll just say it's universal.

• Like 6

Congrats... That's so much awesomeness for the money & with the Seths... pushes it past 11

• Like 3

23 hours ago, BadgerDave said:

Arrived yesterday. An exceptional guitar in better than advertised condition.

I'm assuming that the Duncan Seth Lovers are a post-factory addition.  Wouldn't a '96 come with the '59 and JB set?  I'm definitely not complaining -they sound great.

uQN0B45eQeC%SDs2exxhMg.jpg

22 hours ago, Moose said:

No, they came with Seths. Had a 96 with Seths, just bought a 98 recently, also with Seths. 59/JB was optional.

And be grateful, they sound better in the Artist.*

That's a lovely guitar. Glad it's even nicer than the pics.

*According to my personal tastes, but you know, this is the internet so I'll just say it's universal.

Yeah, my ‘96 also has Seths. Great guitar - congrats!!!

• Like 1

I was afraid my 2001 would be a feedback monster with the unpotted Seth's, but that set of Holmes I've been sitting on for more than a decade is still in the box! I LOOOOOVE the way the Artist and Seth's sing together! Great axe! And absolutely stunning! (Yours, I mean! Mine's gorgeous, too, but your top is next-level! Enjoy, and play it loud!)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, joshoowah said:

I was afraid my 2001 would be a feedback monster with the unpotted Seth's, but that set of Holmes I've been sitting on for more than a decade is still in the box! I LOOOOOVE the way the Artist and Seth's sing together! Great axe! And absolutely stunning! (Yours, I mean! Mine's gorgeous, too, but your top is next-level! Enjoy, and play it loud!)

Just keep counting your dollars your earning on those Holmes staying in that box. LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

I bought a guitar a couple years back that had Holmes pickups.  That $2300 guitar became a $1750 guitar after selling those overpriced objects of TGP adoration and replacing them with the more reasonably priced objects of HFC adoration (Gravelin’s). 

Edited to add:  I'm not sure how the OP guitar slipped by me, but @BadgerDave I'm standing by money in hand in the event you decide it's not for you.

Edited by cynic
  • Like 3

WOW! Congrats! That IS a stunningly beautiful guitar and the price considering what it is.....................IS a bargain!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The gold hardware bothered me enough to consider changing it all out for nickel. I've never been a fan of gold, especially on guitars that aren't black Les Paul Customs.

I was on the Faber website about to order when I realized I needed to curb my OCD. I realized that the biggest visual offenders were the big gold pickups and I happened to have a set of Josh's Shiblotniks on hand, so . . .

The Seths are good, but it's better now.

PFdII9DNTFWDLk1vLiR1Rg.jpg

Edited by BadgerDave
  • Like 3