Hamer Fan Club Message Center

It's Official! I Have Too Many Guitars!

The Kizanski Winter Mega Sale is Imminent!!

cases.jpg

You do the math:

• 24 Guitars
  • 1 Amp
  • 1 Lap

"Feeding the Greed," as my friend jjguitarranch puts it, has not made me a better guitar player. In fact it has confused and clouded my brain, and when the cases get stacked up so that you can't even pull one out to play it, you start to wonder what the whole point was in the first place.

Too much time that should be spent playing is wasted horse trading and looking for the next deal. I'm sure a few of you can relate.

I have my eye on something vintage, so although I'd normally love to hear about trades, I'm going to do my best to resist this time around.

I'm getting The List together this weekend, so Stay tuned...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too much time that should be spent playing is wasted horse trading and looking for the next deal. I'm sure a few of you can relate.

Very true words that hit home here.....

'coarse I'll be checking the FS board all weekend waiting for the list...

Just a gear junky at heart I guess :P

Mark.

Boy can I! I have to get rid of a few guitars myself. Of course, that won't stop me from checking out what you're selling :P

Ha Kiz... 3 years ago, I was where you are, but I had more amps.

Today.....

1 LP Deluxe

1 Lp Jr.

1 Tele

1 Strat

1 Jap Strat 12

1 Fender Bass

1 Decent Acoustic

1 Not so Decent Acoustic

And believe it or not, I think I am done buying. I do not need anything else, and don't look that much anymore.

In a word, word. I opened a case the other day and was at first not even aware that I still owned the guitar I found lurking inside. "Oh yeah, now I remember this thing!" I'm sure when I got it it was gonna be "the one" and was a "must have". Sickness for sure. I will be having a similar sale over the next week with some serious reduction in inventory, just trying to get down to a Strat (O.K., 2; one with a maple board, one with rosewood), a Les Paul, a Tele, a 335, a pointy guitar, a fully hollow jazz guitar, something with P-90's, a Floyd Rose equipped guitar, a Gretch with 'trons, an electric 12 string, a Dano with lipsticks, a bass, a 5 string bass, an active bass, a nice acoustic and a nylon string. Oh, and a Hamer Phantom Custom. I'm gonna get the amps down to a Fender Champ, a Mesa MKIII, a Marshall Jubilee, a Gibson with el84's, a Micro Cube, an acoustic amp, a handwired.............. oh, just kill me now, please.

Wait, and a fretless bass and doubleneck with a 6 string neck and mandocello on top :P Z

no, no, no, no, no, no Kiz.......24 guitars, 1 amp, YOU do the math..........you have a simple case of Gear Imbalance. I'd recommend converting perhaps 6-8 of those guitars into oh.......shall we say maybe 3-5 nice amps. And make sure you get a nice, wide range of features & voices on those amps. Perhaps a Mesa, a Marshall, a Fender, a Valvetech, a BadCat.

Converting into 1 vintage amp i'm afraid will not resolve your imbalance issue.

Not necessarily. One can derive pleasure from the horse trading as well as playing.

If your goal is to be the best musician you can, then what you say is true. If your goal is to have fun, then enjoy both playing and GAS.

But I do agree with Caddie - you have a guitar / amp imbalance.

Kiz, you need more amps!

gregc

Just sell me a couple of checkerboard cases. :o

I just got a guitar that came in one of those checkerboard cases. I would love another one!!!! I am talking the special guitars that go into those cases, no the cases themselves!!!! :P:P:P

dammit! Where's the list already. My wife is making me take her to the City for a Broadway play and I won't be home until late. I don't want to miss anything.

For all you non Jerseyites, the City means NYC :P

Archived