Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: 1983 Hamer USA Sunburst at DGS

There is something about the pics that they post that is... I don't know...  Very distinct?   Like I just stumbled across this listing in Reverb, and called it as a "Dave's Guitar Shop" posting because they all have ... something.. about them.   I don't know if it's some magic trick they do with the lighting, or if there is a knob they can tweak in photoshop that makes the flame look "extra-flamey" or what.  

Cool guitar!

3 minutes ago, Amplodyte said:

There is something funky with the bass cutaway/binding near the neck.

Or is my monitor mis-adjusted?

Not sure what you’re seeing. I’m on my iPhone, but can’t really see anything that stands out.

3 minutes ago, 0054 said:

They most likely use LAB mode, which, unlike RGB/CMYK divides tone (L) from color (AB), then you sharpen in L, but sometimes in AB as well, by channel. Classic "S" contrast curves in all modes can do the trick too, for certain images.

I believe it’s more simple than that. They shoot in low light with a dark background. Extending exposure and bumping illumination (brightens brighter images before dark*background*)and tweaking brilliance, dropping contrast and black-point creates a very dramatic image of whatever your subject.

Archived