Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1994 Hamer Special FM-LE w/ JM Rolph Pickups SOLD

Here we have a special model of a mid-90s Hamer. This is part of a special, Japan only run called, I believe, the Special FM-LE. It is essentially a Special FM with body binding (the normal Special FM is unbound).

This particular guitar has a nice thick quilt maple cap over a 1-piece mahogany body. The neck is also mahogany with an unbound rosewood fingerboard. The frets are in great shape with only the tiniest of wear. The neck is a nice vintage medium C shape and the guitar plays nice up and down the neck.

This guitar originally came to me with a set of Duncan pickups, a 59 in the neck and a Custom in the bridge. However, the neck pickup had an issue and needed a rewind repair. While waiting, I dropped in a pair of JM Rolph pickups that I had. These pickups are a nice match to this guitar and I saw no reason to put the original pickups back in. The original pickups (including the repaired neck pickup) will be included.

The guitar is in very good condition. There is a small ding through the finish on the corner near the bottom tone knob and a small indent close by (see pics).

The original hard shell case is included

$1,700 shipped/paypal'd - NOW $1,100

I posted a couple of pics below, there are more on the reverb listing

https://reverb.com/item/26020571-1994-amber-hamer-special-fm-le-w-jm-rolph-pickups

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Wow!!! They really put some nice tops on those Japan purposed Specials. The last 2 you’ve offered up have been gorgeous!!!  

• 2 weeks later...

I realize my price is on the high side, but that's largely due to the Rolph's. If someone is interested int he guitar without the pickups, I'm happy to keep them, reinstall the originals and knock a few hundred off the price.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, SeanBro said:

That is beautiful 👍 and a great price too. 

shame for those of us on the other side of the pond! 

I can ship it to you. If just like to wait until the end of the month for the CITES restriction to be lifted.

Archived