Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Really cool Hamer Firebird prototype with crowns

It’s definatly unique!! Gotta wonder how that went from the possession of a heroin addicted rocker to It’s current location.   

Robbin sold off a LOT of his stuff towards the end.  Several of his other guitars are owned by HFC member(s) as well.

That one is legit, and there are buyers everywhere for these things.

19 hours ago, crunchee said:

Location is 'Moscow, Russian Federation'...what could possibly go wrong with that transaction?

You would absolutely pay via Paypal, funded by a credit card.  If it never shows up, you have two lines of defense.  

Having spent some time in the USSR in the late 1980s, I can tell you they do not hate Americans, they wanted to be Americans.  

On 7/8/2019 at 1:44 AM, DBraz said:

Wasn’t this one on EBay about five years ago?  

It’s pretty cool for a fan of Crosby and Hamer.

Yes it was....I thought HamStd might had acquired it.  

Hamerica 

That is sooo cool. Who never heard of Robin Crosby??

I'd trade my Dan Armstrong Hamer for that one, gawddammit.

Here is Jol with Robin, and that very same Firebird.

y4mFYvdReXJSKUjCc0mTlPpMq4XUTVUH2vqwFzmm

3 hours ago, Disturber said:

Here is Jol with Robin, and that very same Firebird.

Robbin was a big dude. Note that whilst sitting down, he's roughly the same height as Jol. 

22 hours ago, Biz Prof said:

Robbin was a big dude. Note that whilst sitting down, he's roughly the same height as Jol. 

Or he's sitting on a bar stool... or Jol is short... or Jol is a few feet behind Robbin...
Look at Jol's pinhead in that photo.  I don't think he was standing as close to Robbin as it appears.
You'd think a guy with that much self importance would need a larger cranium to corral it, but there it is.

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

Or he's sitting on a bar stool... or Jol is short... or Jol is a few feet behind Robbin...

I think it's a combination of Jol being slight of build and Robbin having been 6' 5". 

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

You'd think a guy with that much self importance would need a larger cranium to corral it, but there it is.

Camera perspective makes all the difference. To wit:  Jol's cranium looks much larger in this file photo taken of Jol and Paul at the very moment that Jol is nixing Kizanski's request for a  custom order specification. 

spacer.png

On 7/8/2019 at 8:26 AM, Studio Custom said:

Having spent some time in the USSR in the late 1980s, I can tell you they do not hate Americans, they wanted to be Americans.  

That was a nice thing to post. Hats off to you. Now, does anyone need a kidney or piece of regenerative liver (mostly good I think). I need to come up with some quick cash 😬

On 7/19/2019 at 4:36 AM, Jakeboy said:

I actually loved Robbin’s playing much more that Warren’s...

My fav guitar duo, next to Gorham & Robertson, and Whitford & Perry. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2019 at 10:32 AM, Biz Prof said:

He was about 6'6", so compared to me a pretty big dude, and a minor league baseball player for a while as well.

Archived