Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Dayum... wut dah

11 minutes ago, mrjamiam said:

A highly reliable seller is overcharging for shipping.  One of the holes was filled in, but to compensate, you get some extra holes for a slight extra charge.  Did I get it right?

What the hell is going on with photo #9?.. I've never seen anything like this in my entire life

So... we've got a neck worth juuuuust a bit below (1/4 of) the asking price featuring a mangled Phillips head on the body end of the truss rod, at least a dozen extra holes from different tuners, a three-to-four bolt "conversion," and a chunk of pine dowel with no explanation of the damage it was "repairing..." Looks like a good investment to me! Hang it up next to my $4500 90s LP Classic "Murphy-aged" inspired relic with a fully separated headstock! I thought the separation of the headstock would make the "relic-ing" more authentic, so I went Townshend on it. The market will let me know i was right eventually.

15 hours ago, mrjamiam said:

A highly reliable seller is overcharging for shipping.  One of the holes was filled in, but to compensate, you get some extra holes for a slight extra charge.  Did I get it right?

This seller has had many Hamer guitars and basses (both USA and imported) listed on his Ebay account before, and he's been mentioned here on the HFC too, over the last several years.  Not necessarily in favorable terms, BTW.  European/UK members of the HFC are likely very familiar with him, especially those in Germany/Deutschland, so they can tell you more than I can.

Uuuaahh! That‘s this Brit guy from Cologne. Very famous for selling pricey crap. I always wonder he ever reached the 5 digit sales counts. Any product of his listings I ever looked at could have been scored in much better quality for a better price elsewhere.

7 hours ago, crunchee said:

This seller has had many Hamer guitars and basses (both USA and imported) listed on his Ebay account before, and he's been mentioned here on the HFC too, over the last several years.  Not necessarily in favorable terms, BTW.  European/UK members of the HFC are likely very familiar with him, especially those in Germany/Deutschland, so they can tell you more than I can.

Probably my tongue was too far in cheek on this one.  The guy has 100% feedback to go with his insane pricing.

The white Hamer Chap Bass he has on ebay might soon have it's 20th Anniversary of it's listing. At one time he did also sell that pink Hamer Steve Stevens with the body binding and boomers/LED's that a member from here has. I remember seeing that guitar hanging in his shop that he had in Cologne, I was interested in that guitar for some time. He had quite some Hamer guitars, also a lot of Jacksons (he had several Firebirds). I wonder who did buy those (if anybody bought them at all)? That guy is really strange, his stuff has the pricing from a fantasy world.

Archived