Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Recommend a bridge upgrade for Daytona?

hamerfan50

Question

Hello everyone, as I'd really appreciate your wisdom and recommendations.

I just purchased a 1994, burst and rosewood Daytona and I'm looking to upgrade the bridge.

What would you recommend?

Please and thank you VERY much.

Blessings,

Hamer Fan 50

9 answers to this question

48 minutes ago, hamerfan50 said:

Hello everyone, as I'd really appreciate your wisdom and recommendations.

I just purchased a 1994, burst and rosewood Daytona and I'm looking to upgrade the bridge.

What would you recommend?

Please and thank you VERY much.

Blessings,

Hamer Fan 50

I had a pair of Daytonas and upgraded one with a MannMade Trem and the other with an AMB 2 point trem.  The MannMade dropped in to the  6 screw holes the Wilkie left behind.  Pretty easy to do.  I liked both quite a bit.  My plans for my next custom build  include a 2 point trem. 

Here's some  discussions of the topic:

I dig the MannMade trem, but am more a fan of the SuperVee Bladerunner over the last few years.

On 7/9/2019 at 4:46 PM, Tortious said:

The Callaham V/N worked out great for me. Raw Vintage springs, too.

https://www.hamerfanclub.com/forums/topic/77442-daytona-bridge-spacing/

Can't go wrong with Callaham for six screw trems.

1 hour ago, cmatthes said:

I dig the MannMade trem, but am more a fan of the SuperVee Bladerunner over the last few years.

I'm on my second SuperVee, and I love everything about them except the feel. Maybe the steel block option will add that missing something.

I recently replaced the vintage Fender trem on my Fender CS Strat for an ABM 5050S trem due to the narrower string spacing of the latter. Didn't expect it, but it also improved the tone quite a bit. Highly recommanded!!

https://abm-guitarpartsshop.com/ABM-GUITAR-PARTS/Tremolos/Vintage-Replacement/ABM-5050-S::249.html

12 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Seems like a cool design. A sure fire way to prevent problems with knife edges and posts is to get rid of them entirely!

I wound keeping the stock Wilkinson on mine. Once I got it dialed in and properly tweaked it worked great. I liked it so much I put a VSVG into a MiM Strat. They're solid units, heavy blocks and they're all steel.

Archived