Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Why are some videos blocked in [your] a country?

I was watching a series of videos of Mad Season (Live). 3 videos played and then the 4th said it was "blocked in your country." Blocked in the good 'ole USA? So I switched on my VPN and chose France and watched the video. Turned off VPN and watched the rest of the list. I was considering downloading the video and posting it on my own Youtube channel just to see what would happen or even uploading it to FB. 

For those who have not heard of Mad Season it is Layne Staley's offshoot band with some other well knowns I don't know about. 

The video that was blocked was, "I don't know anything," coincidentally. 

This one was not blocked.

17 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

It may have to do with publishing rights. 

I understand your point but these videos were broken up from one single live concert video that was shot in 1995. Each video was of one song from that live concert. So why would the one song from the original live recording be banned in this country and the other nine or so clear to play? And why can the damn French view it and I can't without using shenanigans? 

It's stupid legal crap, and generally it means that someone made a complaint. It may not be regarding that specific video, but possibly the song, the artist, etc.

Yeah, it's stupid.

On 7/10/2019 at 3:06 PM, Ting Ho Dung said:

For those who have not heard of Mad Season it is Layne Staley's offshoot band with some other well knowns I don't know about. 

Mike McCready (lead guitarist in Pearl Jam) would be the other best well known. At least one of the other two dudes was in Screaming Trees. 

Archived