Hamer Fan Club Message Center

A beast of a bass player in an unexpected place (Girls rawk content)

I've watched a few of their videos. The songs aren't my thing, but the drummer is damn good and the bassist is just ON it. Every song, she just lays it down like hot asphalt. Guitars ain't dead, and girls rawk.

1 hour ago, polara said:

I've watched a few of their videos. The songs aren't my thing, but the drummer is damn good and the bassist is just ON it. Every song, she just lays it down like hot asphalt. Guitars ain't dead, and girls rawk.

Very Talented!

Yes, bass and drums rocked on that one. For some reason the basslines reminded me of Tom Scholz's bass lines from Boston. That may be from just listening to a Rick Beato "what makes this song great" vid about "Hitch a Ride", but that's what it reminded me of. 

A part Japanese, part Puerto Rican friend of mine (I call him, a Japarican! Any PC people out there just deal with it!) let me borrow the Band -maid CD. I listened through it but didn't record it. He also turned me on to a really cool soundtrack from RWBY (pronounced ruby) tv series that has the father laying down metal type tracks to his daughter's vocals. I did record that, it rocks!

2 hours ago, ZR said:

Yes, bass and drums rocked on that one. For some reason the basslines reminded me of Tom Scholz's bass lines from Boston. That may be from just listening to a Rick Beato "what makes this song great" vid about "Hitch a Ride", but that's what it reminded me of. 

A part Japanese, part Puerto Rican friend of mine (I call him, a Japarican! Any PC people out there just deal with it!) let me borrow the Band -maid CD. I listened through it but didn't record it. He also turned me on to a really cool soundtrack from RWBY (pronounced ruby) tv series that has the father laying down metal type tracks to his daughter's vocals. I did record that, it rocks!

I'm really digging Band Maid. Not ironically or from a "cute girls" perspective. Some of their newer stuff is really out there but still melodic.

I hate Babymetal. But they're the popular perception of J-metal now... ugh.

Archived