Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  
polara

A beast of a bass player in an unexpected place (Girls rawk content)

Recommended Posts

I've watched a few of their videos. The songs aren't my thing, but the drummer is damn good and the bassist is just ON it. Every song, she just lays it down like hot asphalt. Guitars ain't dead, and girls rawk.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

P.S. Ya'll may dig this.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, polara said:

I've watched a few of their videos. The songs aren't my thing, but the drummer is damn good and the bassist is just ON it. Every song, she just lays it down like hot asphalt. Guitars ain't dead, and girls rawk.

Very Talented!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, bass and drums rocked on that one. For some reason the basslines reminded me of Tom Scholz's bass lines from Boston. That may be from just listening to a Rick Beato "what makes this song great" vid about "Hitch a Ride", but that's what it reminded me of. 

A part Japanese, part Puerto Rican friend of mine (I call him, a Japarican! Any PC people out there just deal with it!) let me borrow the Band -maid CD. I listened through it but didn't record it. He also turned me on to a really cool soundtrack from RWBY (pronounced ruby) tv series that has the father laying down metal type tracks to his daughter's vocals. I did record that, it rocks!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ZR said:

Yes, bass and drums rocked on that one. For some reason the basslines reminded me of Tom Scholz's bass lines from Boston. That may be from just listening to a Rick Beato "what makes this song great" vid about "Hitch a Ride", but that's what it reminded me of. 

A part Japanese, part Puerto Rican friend of mine (I call him, a Japarican! Any PC people out there just deal with it!) let me borrow the Band -maid CD. I listened through it but didn't record it. He also turned me on to a really cool soundtrack from RWBY (pronounced ruby) tv series that has the father laying down metal type tracks to his daughter's vocals. I did record that, it rocks!

I'm really digging Band Maid. Not ironically or from a "cute girls" perspective. Some of their newer stuff is really out there but still melodic.

I hate Babymetal. But they're the popular perception of J-metal now... ugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't give a flying flip about genre, good playing is good playing and that bass player and drummer can play... WOW. Thanks for posting

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, polara said:

I'm really digging Band Maid. Not ironically or from a "cute girls" perspective.

No, of course not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2019 at 8:28 AM, Steve Haynie said:

Girls who can play.  They make Babymetal irrelevant.

Yui leaving Babymetal made Babymetal irrelevant

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...