Hamer Fan Club Message Center

What's the story of the HFC custom backplates?

2 hours ago, Studio Custom said:

You already stated the entire story. 

That's the ENTIRE story? When were they made, what was it for? Was it just someone who randomly decided to make them? Was it at a member event? Was it just the plates, or was it plates on specific guitars? 

Someone did it as a goof.  Others liked it.  It was decided to round up interested parties and place a bulk order.  They were ordered and distributed.  It was not nearly as exciting as you were hoping.   

1 minute ago, Sugartune said:

That's the ENTIRE story? When were they made, what was it for? Was it just someone who randomly decided to make them? Was it at a member event? Was it just the plates, or was it plates on specific guitars? 

7 minutes ago, Studio Custom said:

Someone did it as a goof.  Others liked it.  It was decided to round up interested parties and place a bulk order.  They were ordered and distributed.  It was not nearly as exciting as you were hoping.   

Thank you, though I never hope for excitement. It just comes naturally.

Find a local trophy shop that has a laser, just bring them design and you back plate. Done. 

I am 99% sure that how it was done one the ordinal batch. I have 3 with the checkerboard logo. They are just burning off the black Anodizing. Over time the Aluminum could oxidize in the exposed ares & turn white and little powdery.  

Archived