Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NHD '97 Mirage 2

The Mirage 2 that I bought from MCChris last week showed up yesterday. Haven't plugged it in yet, but the guitar is a looker! Light and resonant. Cool flamed maple top on it and the '59 burst is awesome. Almost looks like it has some pink tones in it. Thanks for the deal Chris.

DSCN0981.JPG

DIBS!!

Congrats. Y’all know I loves me some mirages. I am of the opinion that they are not loved nor appreciated nearly as much as they should be. That one already has the Wilkie and JB swapped out so it should be good to go. 

On 7/12/2019 at 10:15 PM, Camstone said:

The Mirage 2 that I bought from MCChris last week showed up yesterday. Haven't plugged it in yet, but the guitar is a looker! Light and resonant. Cool flamed maple top on it and the '59 burst is awesome. Almost looks like it has some pink tones in it. Thanks for the deal Chris.

You're welcome! Glad it made it there in one piece. That guitar has a lot of 4321 Club mojo on it too.

I'm also curious about the replacement trem ~ I've been pretty happy with the Wilkinson on mine (although I did swap the nickel one for black).  Is it SOP for Mirage owners to change from the Wilkinson to something else?  I didn't get that memo, lol! 😛 

2 minutes ago, draelyc said:

I'm also curious about the replacement trem ~ I've been pretty happy with the Wilkinson on mine (although I did swap the nickel one for black).  Is it SOP for Mirage owners to change from the Wilkinson to something else?  I didn't get that memo, lol! 😛 

That one is a Gotoh, I believe. The original Wilky started to get a little noisy/rattly to me, plus it had that spongy Kahler feel to it. The Gotoh seemed more solid and also closer to the feel of a traditional Fender trem.

1 hour ago, SSII x 2 said:

Beautiful guitar!  What is that color called?

Congrats!

Hamer calls (called) their Cherry Sunburst finish "'59 burst". Compared to the other Hamers that I have with 59 burst, this color is different. Leans more to a pinkish luminance towards the edges and golden in the middle. That picture above captures it pretty well.

I played it for a while last night. It's really awesome. Chris has the action set low with 10's on it and the trem works well and stays in tune. Definitely a great addition to my Hamer Harem. I've got a whole bunch of gigs in the coming 10 weeks. Looking forward to taking her a for a ride.

I usually replace my humbuckers with Lollar Imperial low winds. But I'm going to wait till I use this guitar in a show before I mess with the pickups.

15 minutes ago, Camstone said:

Hamer calls (called) their Cherry Sunburst finish "'59 burst". Compared to the other Hamers that I have with 59 burst, this color is different. Leans more to a pinkish luminance towards the edges and golden in the middle. That picture above captures it pretty well.

I played it for a while last night. It's really awesome. Chris has the action set low with 10's on it and the trem works well and stays in tune. Definitely a great addition to my Hamer Harem. I've got a whole bunch of gigs in the coming 10 weeks. Looking forward to taking her a for a ride.

I usually replace my humbuckers with Lollar Imperial low winds. But I'm going to wait till I use this guitar in a show before I mess with the pickups.

Awesome, glad you're enjoying it! For the record, that's a 9-46 set on there; I sent you that pack of 10s because you use them and I don't haha. So you might have to readjust after your next string change.

I did get the action pretty low without buzzing; not even sure exactly how I pulled that off. I don't even like it that low, maybe that's why the guitar became expendable!

1 hour ago, MCChris said:

Awesome, glad you're enjoying it! For the record, that's a 9-46 set on there; I sent you that pack of 10s because you use them and I don't haha. So you might have to readjust after your next string change.

I did get the action pretty low without buzzing; not even sure exactly how I pulled that off. I don't even like it that low, maybe that's why the guitar became expendable!

Guess that explains the "slinky-ness". I thought it was the 25.5" scale. 

Archived