Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Pizza Day Standard?

Hello all,

I have a Hamer I believe might be the Pizza Day Standard.  It’s a 1995 model c.s. flame top and has a bunch of fingerprints, etc. under the   finish.  The neck has also been repaired.  Does anyone have any information that might help to positively identify her?

Thanks

Mitch

It keeps telling me my file is too large even for a single photo off my iPhone, like I said I’m a Luddite 

1 hour ago, GRINDER said:

It keeps telling me my file is too large even for a single photo off my iPhone, like I said I’m a Luddite 

Take a screenshot of the photo and try posting that. Should convert it to a smaller file size. Quality won’t be as good but should be good enough for purposes here. 

Yep that’s the serial number alright.  You’re one hell of a record keeper Kizanski! Thanks for the information.  I had been considering a professional refinish and a better hidden neck repair or replacement but now that I know it has some history I might want to leave her as is.  

I’m surprised it never caught on as a custom finish option, I guess somebody forgot to tell Gibson they could charge an extra grand or two for it.

Looks like it’s had a pickup change since you had it.  I’ll have to see what’s under the hood.  Whatever they are they sound good damn good 

7 hours ago, kizanski said:

Mine, @Jeff R, @JGale, maybe @bruce919?
It's been around and around... like a record... ewwa-ewwa!

14743925.jpg

While I never had this one, I have been so lucky as to have had in my possession one of kizanski’s sloppy seconds. Not that I think that puts me in any small minority at all...

Yes. I got it from AdmiralB (before I totally pissed him off) and sent it on its way to the K.

Standards sit in your lap so fine. The constant erection pressing into your upper chest is a bit annoying, but the neck is perfectly placed. 🆖 5️⃣ 🗿 💡 🍅

Breed in the bridge and an air classic in the neck. Actually they are very comfortable guitars to play both sitting or strapped. I have had this one for about 8 years and it has remained in my stable when a whole bunch of others have passed on to new homes.   

That shape IS surprisingly comfortable. And it has an arm rest.   Seriously.

The thing with the oddball shapes of the 50s was that they were trying to make a guitar that didn't look like a classical, but could be held in your lap like a classical. A V is meant to be wrapped around your right leg and sit with the neck at 45 degrees like classical players prefer. Explorer shape wasn't as focused on seated playing, but similar ergonomic and balance issues were thought of, I'm certain.

And, at least, the Standard hangs on a strap nice.

Archived