Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Travis

Blast from the past. Post your old pics.

Here's another pic from 1979. Nancy Wilson, Michael Derosier and Steve Fossen from Heart came to one of our rehearsals to check out our rehearsal space. They wound up renting it from us for a couple of weeks to prepare for a 1980 tour. The rehearsal space was a built out warehouse with a high ceiling, stage, seating area and a sound booth. I am playing my '79 Hamer Sunburst.

Heart1.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Russell Beard said:

What sort of bass is that- EB0/3 slothead?

4 hours ago, Camstone said:

Here's another pic from 1979. Nancy Wilson, Michael Derosier and Steve Fossen from Heart came to one of our rehearsals to check out our rehearsal space. They wound up renting it from us for a couple of weeks to prepare for a 1980 tour. The rehearsal space was a built out warehouse with a high ceiling, stage, seating area and a sound booth. I am playing my '79 Hamer Sunburst.

Heart1.jpg

Wow!! Nancy’s so hot and such a good player!! What an incredible moment for you!! I still think she’s got it all together!! 

• Like 1

Found another old one of Serial and me playing a show at a local mall.  It WAS the ‘80s!   😆

EEA8B1A8-BED8-42F4-A385-27860AD31D5C.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

On 7/23/2019 at 1:43 PM, Brooks said:

BK 86 VFW.jpg

spacer.png

Brooks wins these threads...every...single...time.

And now that I think about it, '80s-era Brooks looks a lot like Nigel Tufnel. In fact, has anyone ever seen Brooks and Nigel in the same room at the same time?

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

On 7/26/2019 at 4:56 PM, chromium said:

What sort of bass is that- EB0/3 slothead?

I wish I could tell you exactly but it was the lead guitarists bass and he played my six string, a Hohner Les Paul copy, that was the first band I played bass in and have never played anything else since, I want to say it was a Guild knock off but I really am not sure. 

• Like 1

On 7/29/2019 at 8:54 AM, Biz Prof said:

And now that I think about it, '80s-era Brooks looks a lot like Nigel Tufnel. In fact, has anyone ever seen Brooks and Nigel in the same room at the same time?

Not sure, but I can hear the sustain.  

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, scottcald said:

Not sure, but I can hear the sustain.  

Well, you would...if it were playing. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Last 11 years aside, these were all but 3 of the various bands I've been in. Missing one in high school, of which no photos exist and the college band- Ball Bearing Salad. Again, no pics that I'm aware of. Lastly, I had a power trio (they were damned good- I was not.) for less than 6 months leading up to Zombie Nation.

The first was post-undergrad and as one might deduce from our <ahem> attire (yes, that is a wig, don't ask me- I honestly don't know), we were a really eclectic cover band. Never played a gig, as I was off to...

image.png

...Seattle where I formed Tarmangani (Edgar Rice Burroughs' Tarzan reference). Still very much rooted in the 80's despite being in the birthplace of Grunge which was in full swing.

image.png

Upon my return for the NW, I formed Zombie Nation, perhaps the most successful, albeit short lived band I've been in.

image.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by diablo175
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, diablo175 said:

Last 11 years aside, these were all but 3 of the various bands I've been in. Missing one in high school, of which no photos exist and the college band- Ball Bearing Salad. Again, no pics that I'm aware of. Lastly, I had a power trio (they were damned good- I was not.) for less than 6 months leading up to Zombie Nation.

The first was post-undergrad and as one might deduce from our <ahem> attire (yes, that is a wig, don't ask me- I honestly don't know), we were a really eclectic cover band. Never played a gig, as I was off to...

image.png

...Seattle where I formed Tarmangani (Edgar Rice Burroughs' Tarzan reference). Still very much rooted in the 80's despite being in the birthplace of Grunge which was in full swing.

The green shorts were a sign of what was to come...

• Haha 1

On 7/30/2019 at 11:27 AM, diablo175 said:

image.png

This is a brick wall or traintrack away from classic era Rock n Roll Confidentional.    Thanks so much for posting it!

By the way, the Hall of Douchebags has been hacked, so I don't recommend visiting it for nostalgia's sake.

On 7/30/2019 at 2:27 PM, diablo175 said:

image.png

Nice!  Since you're off to the side, it looks like you photoshopped yourself in there.   An interesting mix of images - hippie, grunge, smooth jazz and.....I don't know, Pre-Diablo? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, scottcald said:

Nice!  Since you're off to the side, it looks like you photoshopped yourself in there.   An interesting mix of images - hippie, grunge, smooth jazz and.....I don't know, Pre-Diablo? 

Pre-Diablo but real time Dooosh! 🤣  Not exactly sure what I was thinking but my guess: I was trying to create a visual niche for myself. Problem is, I didn't have the fret board skillz to back up the audacity (stupidity) of my attire.

Edited by diablo175
  • Haha 1

On 7/19/2019 at 9:28 AM, Travis said:

My mom made me a mini photo album as a birthday gift. Came across this pic rockin’ the high school jazz band with my Mirage. This must’ve been ‘95 or so. I laughed hard enough that I had to share. 

Feel free to share your own pics from the days of yesteryear. 

F7BEE7D8-ADC4-4654-8FA4-F531A700B72E.jpeg

Playing in the high school jazz band with a koa Mirage?

You lucky, lucky kid.

So many of my friends had MIJ knockoffs or wannabes such as Univox, Silvetone (DanElectro for Sears), Airline (Supro for Sears), etc. My best friend played a Fender knockoff called the Kapa Continental. I remember how the pressure bar in the headstock behind the nut would pop out of the head because the wood threads would strip. I was shocked that a new guitar would do that. Yet he managed to be in Charley Pride's recording and touring band in the late '70s andearly '80s.

Posted (edited)
On 7/29/2019 at 5:54 AM, Biz Prof said:

I think Brooks sort of reminds me of Ozzie in his mullet phase:

BK 86 VFW.jpg        spacer.png    

Edited by JohnnyB

2 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Playing in the high school jazz band with a koa Mirage?

You lucky, lucky kid.

Yes, I was super lucky. My dad was always super supportive especially with my music.  I only hope I can be half the Dad for my kid that he was for me. 

• Like 2