Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTB tube testing

Anyone here test tubes?  I have a couple dozen 7308 tubes I would like to be tested and graded.  Can’t seem to find anyone local willing to do this.  Unless maybe someone here knows A place in Portland/SW Washington area that would do this.  I’ve contacted all the places I can find in the area  

Thanks

I don't know of anyone out there, but you could contact TC Tubes in Saint Paul, MN at 612-968-4009 or www.tctubes.com. Tyler and his wife are top notch folks and I'm sure they could help you out or at least point you in the right direction for someone local to you.

Almost all they guys I know that repair tube amps have testers. I’d see if any of them in your area would test them for you.  

Hickok dominated the tube testing industry for a few decades and their upper models are considered lab grade stuff.  The amateur radio guys around here used them when I was a kid.

If I recall correctly, they made the tube testers for the US military for a period of time.  Those are highly coveted too.  I know enough about this to be dangerous.  

FYI - some of these old tube testers can be dangerous to work on and service.  As in, you could get you ass zapped by one.

Good luck with your search.

I've got an oldie but goodie tester, well engineered and it hasn't steered me wrong yet.  I'll have to look and see if it does 6DJ8's.  I've only found one that it wouldn't (the short, squat little triple triode in the Ampeg V series) and that was because it didn't have a socket for it.

Archived