Hamer Fan Club Message Center

This can't be good.

Etsy started out good.

At some point they took a turn away from individual craftspeople so now you get the clutter for 1,000 identical things resold from some Alibaba manufacturer in China when you search. it has long lost its luster because of that.

What's the problem with Etsy from a seller standpoint? I have never been on that end of it.

So I picked up a black Reverb 'gimme' cap at the recent Atlanta Guitar Show; does this mean it's gonna be a collector's item on accounta it's a "pre-Etsy" example???

13 minutes ago, Willie G. Moseley said:

So I picked up a black Reverb 'gimme' cap at the recent Atlanta Guitar Show; does this mean it's gonna be a collector's item on accounta it's a "pre-Etsy" example???

Yup, hang onto that hat!

7 hours ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

giphy-downsized-3.gif

Guitar nerds ain't ever happy.

New buy-and-sell site pops up to compete with the other site...not enough traffic.
Traffic increases with the same shitheels from the other site...it's the site's fault.
Site gets bigger, the fees creep up, and policies are put in place to cater to the majority of the site's users, who are shitheels...the site sucks.
Site sells out for big cash..."someone should start a new site" and the cycle begins again.

6 minutes ago, MCChris said:

Guitar nerds ain't ever happy.

New buy-and-sell site pops up to compete with the other site...not enough traffic.
Traffic increases with the same shitheels from the other site...it's the site's fault.
Site gets bigger, the fees creep up, and policies are put in place to cater to the majority of the site's users, who are shitheels...the site sucks.
Site sells out for big cash..."someone should start a new site" and the cycle begins again.

It's not just guitar nerds.  Whenever a smaller company that people like gets gobbled up by a larger one, the disingenuous statement of nothing will change and the seller declaring they still care and it's better for customers are always tossed around.  I think enough people have seen that not be the case before to be cynical about it.   I'm happy to hear any accounts about how some smaller company that was liked has had its customer service improve, they remained a separate entity and people who worked and shopped there were happier after it got gobbled up.  

3 hours ago, tommy p said:

My bad!  I misread something along the line.  Edited my post to correct.

It was obvious to me and probably most everyone else who didn't feel compelled to lambast be a fucking dick to you for an early morning typo .

Archived