Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Tell me about Korina...

Funky Chicken

2 hours ago, Funky Chicken said:

I've still got my Rockman. Still works. A couple times a year I pull it out for a laugh.

I do that with my POD (the kidney).  The Spinal Puppets factory preset is just killer in headphones.  I always take that on my condo trips to the beach.  Bad for the ears and good for a headache though... 

On 7/26/2019 at 10:35 AM, The Shark said:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also have the only Korina Chandler Telepathic that was featured in Guitar Player Magazine.  It's, basically, a Tele thin-line.  Very warm sounding guitar compared to Fenders of similar configuration.  Seymour hand wound the pickups for the prototypes (mine is one of three models featured in the magazine).

JErK9Cb.jpg

7ja0NjL.jpg

BneDlw0.jpg

Damn, I vividly remember that magazine issue and that photo. I’m sure I still have the mag somewhere.  Cool guitar!

12 minutes ago, Jack C said:

Damn, I vividly remember that magazine issue and that photo. I’m sure I still have the mag somewhere.  Cool guitar!

I'm lucky to have it.  My opportunity to purchase It was truly serendipitous. 

Speaking of Korina...

Shishkorina 080219.jpg

51 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

Speaking of Korina...

Shishkorina 080219.jpg

🍆🍆🍆

Oh my god...  what is that...?  Are those p90 routes...?

Indeed, those ARE P-90 routes...

4 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

Indeed, those ARE P-90 routes...

I love it and I’m fighting the jealousy emotion....

52 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

Don't fight it, it only natural to covet thy neighbors Shishkov. 😀

Mine hasn’t even been started yet and I’m already thinking about the next one...

3 hours ago, Travis said:

Mine hasn’t even been started yet and I’m already thinking about the next one...

As you should be. #0070 is amazing, #0090 is shaping up nicely and #0105 will be rearing its ugly mug in the months to come. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2019 at 9:53 AM, django49 said:

I like the slight change it brings from mahogany. I was inspired by two CO Hamers, each of which had a korina body and neck, with ebony board (one) Brazilian (the other). Add a softwood top (redwood) over a chambered body and the piezo option and I am in love with it. This guitar has really spoiled me. It can do just about anything.....More than I am capable of doing, of course. Tone is in the ear of the beholder, but I like the difference in the mids, with a touch of "air" from the chambering.....Add a bit of "crispness" from a slight "acoustic" edge, as desired.

shishkov41.jpg

shishkov37.jpg

Shishkov 1.jpeg

WOW That's a gorgeous top!!!

On 7/26/2019 at 12:01 PM, cmatthes said:

I’d agree that Korina is pretty close to Mahogany, but there’s (at least to my lousy ears) a bit more midranginess to it.   Seems to be pretty similar, otherwise.   If given the choice, I’d stick with my Korina guitars overall.

woo

• 2 months later...

If I were to have Mike build me a Korina guitar, I would have him make something based on the Moderne with a Futura headstock. Then I would have the trifecta with my Korina Vector and Rick Nielsen Futura. I tried to get Hamer to build one but they said there was some sort of copyright issue which is baffling considering they could make a Vector and Standard without any issues. 

I’m not sure MIke would want to build that, but who knows?

Archived