Hamer Fan Club Message Center

#0123 (The Waiting Begins)...

Travis

Well, I took the plunge. This morning I put down a deposit towards my very first Shishkov...

The excitement and anticipation grows from here...

Yes. It IS worth the wait!!

It is simply amazing how many HOURS you will spend daydreaming about the Shishkov.

Whatever you do, DO NOT let your employer know you ordered a Shishkov. Your productivity is going to drop, they just don’t need to know why.

Now I must get back to thinking about the SCII that’s in process...

6 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

Travis, i'll have to come up and have some Shishkov and Beers. 

Yes! Or I’ll make the trip down. Either way works for me. 

Just got confirmation of my place in line and the number assigned. I was hoping for a cool number and I think this fits the bill. 

edited the title of the thread to reflect this...

Congrats! Can't wait to see what it will be. Went to see Mike and Trish in May and saw some fantastic builts in the making. Really made me want to order another one (and I pretty much know what I want) but I have to sit this out for a wee while. 😝

• 3 weeks later...

Just checked...  it’s only a 14 hour drive to Barkhamsted from my house...

wondering when it’s time if anyone wants to meet for a beer on a Saturday when #0123 is complete...

• 9 months later...

Congratulations! I just got word today from Trish and I was assigned a number as well, #132. This is my first rodeo and I'm very happy. I can't wait to see what he'll build for you. Keep us posted, it's exciting for everybody.

9 minutes ago, jlunch said:

Congratulations! I just got word today from Trish and I was assigned a number as well, #132. This is my first rodeo and I'm very happy. I can't wait to see what he'll build for you. Keep us posted, it's exciting for everybody.

Congrats to you, too!  Whatever it ends up being, it’ll be amazing. 

Thank you Travis. Over the past several weeks, while silently lurking and having not chimed in, I have read and viewed nearly every build thread on this channel so I have seen most of the gorgeous guitars. It's exciting today seeing them unfold even though it's not in real time as it is for you or myself right now. Being that I've seen most of the guitars, I can definitely say mine will be different as it will be a semi-hollow spruce top.

I can't imagine one being any more spectacular than the Shishkovs I've got, but that being said, I absolutely HAD TO go with my next one...for many reasons.

Let's just say it's been assigned for a long time now...

On 5/28/2020 at 10:09 PM, cmatthes said:

I can't imagine one being any more spectacular than the Shishkovs I've got, but that being said, I absolutely HAD TO go with my next one...for many reasons.

I'll look forward to seeing that. The last one you did left half my face on the floor.

12 minutes ago, soli'd said:

Another vote for semi-hollow spruce top. 

I think it was @bubs_42 who was ground zero for this outbreak.

I'm not going to lie, much of #70 is a big influence on what direction I wanted to go. His guitar is stunning.

Archived