Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Peavey Auction August 2019

Hbom

I love my block letter 5150 half stack. Had that thing since I was 14 years old...  (41 now)

my brother has a classic 30 and a JSX combo that he loves. I was thinking of getting an old classic 30 as a pedal platform because they were so well made. 

In the mid-'80s, legendary discounter Rhythm City in Atlanta displayed a caricature portrait of Hartley with an international "No" symbol (red circle w/ diagonal slash) over it. 

Once owned a Firenza w. P-90s. Excellent instrument but I needed a maple fretboard. Still got a Wolfgang Special, and those two models seems awfully close to each other, ergonomically and aesthetically.

20 hours ago, Pieman said:

Sad. I had a Classic 30, a Classic 50, a Delta Blues.  I thought they were well made. Good bang for the buck.  The tweed lined up perfectly.  How many workers lost their jobs?

Yah, I've got a bunch of US built Peavey amps.  Classic 20 and 30 are great.  Also a really nice

Wolfgang Special.  RIP...

Peavey stuff used to be the stuff of road bands!! Amps, PA’s in bars there was a ton of it out there. I once had a rack of 6 1200 watt power amps just for subs. Heavy as hell but they had the thump!

Back in the late 70's early 80's my sound system consisted of a Peavey 32 channel board, 4 CS 800 & 2 CS 400 power amps,  2 homemade bass bottoms with 18", 4 Sunn 15" folded horn cabinets, 2 banks of EV horn's and a bank of Piezo for each side. Had one of the CS 800 power amps fall off the truck going down the highway, had a dent and few scratches on it but it still worked like new. Only really got to use everything at a few outdoor event's otherwise it was just too much for most bar's we played at. At that time I remember I could by 2 CS 400 power amps for the price of one Crown 500 watt amp.     

• 2 weeks later...

Lats paragraph of the article indicates they're continuing to make the HP2, which is an excellent value for an American-made instrument. When they started up in '17 after having been closed since '10,  Hartley was cautionary, stating "One step at a time." My perception is any guitars are leftover from the '10 shutdwon; YMMV. Wonder if they'll ever re-enter the bass marketplace.

On 7/31/2019 at 8:25 PM, stobro said:

Peaveys 7-5-2008 043.jpg

If I could ever find a Hydra for sale locally in which the owner didn't think it was Jimmy Page's actual EDS 1275, I'd snap it up in a heartbeat and gig that mutha. 

8 hours ago, Biz Prof said:

If I could ever find a Hydra for sale locally in which the owner didn't think it was Jimmy Page's actual EDS 1275, I'd snap it up in a heartbeat and gig that mutha. 

Here's a start... and its cheap.

https://reverb.com/item/26869214-peavey-hydra-double-neck-guitar-body-1980-s-white-pratloid

We've all had a Schwinn; we've all had a Peavey.

I'll second (and third) the Firenza P90, it was a great guitar.  Still have a Wolfgang Special, a Delta blues 1x15, a Valveking100, but given the fact I'm just a "bedroom" player, the Vyper 40 watters are great for 20 minutes of noodling about.  More features than I'll ever use and flip it on, play, flip it off.

Archived