Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Trans Black Hamer Talladega with Factory HSC

This Talladega will make you grin every time you open the case and pick it up.  It truly sucks to let this one go, but I have too many guitars right now.

If I recall correctly, there are well below 100 Talladegas total and Trans Black was a fairly uncommon finish - I think there are around five of them?  I am a firm believer that both Talladega models will eventually be hard as heck to find once they make their way into the right collector's hands.

This one is not factory mint but darn close too it with just light swirls etc.  Frets are great with no signs of wear.  The case is equally nice with no smells or odors (smoke free).  Its as nice a Talladega as you will find out there.   This is an incredible - no issues Hamer, grab it while you can.

$2100 shipped - insured to your door within the CONUS.  I'll post better photos later tomorrow night.

Sorry - no trades.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Boomerang~Junkie said:

Don, how many EM Tallys were there in that LE run?  Was it 25 or 30?

I’m almost positive it was 25 Tally’s and 25 studios...

I’m curious there are even 5 TB Tallies around. From the sales frequency, I would expect about 3 or 4 at max. About two are residing in Germany.

3 hours ago, gorch said:

I’m curious there are even 5 TB Tallies around. From the sales frequency, I would expect about 3 or 4 at max. About two are residing in Germany.

You are probably right about the total number of Trans Black finishes, but I have no idea where they all live now.  At least one of them was considered an Ultimate Flame wood top grade.   I can't remember which member owns that one.  As nice as all the wood grades were for these guitars it's a subtle upgrade.

With the Earthen Maple LE run of Talladegas added in, that probably probably puts the total at about 55 total then.

Either way, they are incredible guitars.  

I'll post some photos later tonight.

16 hours ago, Boomerang~Junkie said:

I can't remember which member owns that one.

When it is about three of them. The answer is easy. One is with me, another with Montelovesco and one FS.

Here is mine.

Hamer Talladega

I don’t wanna hijack the thread, but can say that trans black Tallies are great looking and great sounding and playing guitars.

The V neck is fantastically comfortable and the DDs stand on their own in the Tele area. These guitars have the mojo it’s told about them.

Because so few Tallies and T-Pros were built and not passed around much, these are under appreciated guitars.   I don't need another one, as I have five.  Somebody is getting a heckuva guitar at this price.  

34 minutes ago, dhuber said:

I really like the DD pickups.  I cringe when I see Tally's missing the DD pickups.  I can't speak for the pickups in the Talladega Pro.

Word...

the neck DD is one of my all time favorite pickups. I had the bridge DD out of my tally for a few years. Just recently put the stock DD back in the bridge a little while ago. 

This trans black example is so sweet. And it’s the 3rd killer guitar that came up for sale I gave to pass on because I’ve got something else in the works. 

I will be very envious of whomever ends up getting this. 

5D559555-4A04-41C7-A958-D8060D18AA53.jpeg

Here you go, sorry for the crappy pic (still thinking about the best way to capture the beauty and grandezza of this piece of art).

Still grateful for the deal and the instrument. However will pick up the offered one - consider yourself lucky!

I wish I could try a Tally, I’ve never seen one other than pic’s...  are they a heavy guitar? I remember when they came out with the EM Tally... I ruined the pages of the mag from drool!! Love the look of Trans Black on maple. Another one on my list of Hamers I hope hit’s rotation when I have the money!!

26 minutes ago, Dutchman said:

I wish I could try a Tally, I’ve never seen one other than pic’s...  are they a heavy guitar? I remember when they came out with the EM Tally... I ruined the pages of the mag from drool!! Love the look of Trans Black on maple. Another one on my list of Hamers I hope hit’s rotation when I have the money!!

Not heavy at all.  At least mine isn't.

1 hour ago, Dutchman said:

My EM is 7.5 lbs. I previously owned a TB Tally and it was a tad under 7 lbs.

2 hours ago, Dutchman said:

I’ve never weighed mine but I would classify it as a generally fairly light guitar. 

Archived