Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Trans Black Hamer Talladega with Factory HSC

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Boomerang~Junkie said:

Hamer Trans Black Talladega 01.jpg

Like I posted earlier - this is remarkable guitar in every way and is as nice of a Talladega as you will find out there.

No diggity, no dog, no doubt, Gwen Steffany!

If you do not own a Talladega yet, do yourself a pleasure and buy this one.

Totally worth it!

Gabe 😀

PS: What is the serial no? Just can not read it on the picture of the back of the headstock, just curious.

Someone please snag this beauty. Worth every penny.

15 hours ago, Gabe said:

If you do not own a Talladega yet, do yourself a pleasure and buy this one.

Totally worth it!

Gabe 😀

PS: What is the serial no? Just can not read it on the picture of the back of the headstock, just curious.

Completely agree. One of the best Hamer models IMHO.

I've got #23. Here's shot from Jol while in the build stage.

earthen_tally 23.jpg

Finished photo!

earthen_TD.jpg

On 8/4/2019 at 5:23 PM, atomicwash said:

My EM is 7.5 lbs. I previously owned a TB Tally and it was a tad under 7 lbs.

My 07 Talladega weighs in at xactly 3497 grams/7,707 pounds.

The 08 Tally Pro is 3495 grams, so these were pretty consistent in weight (and beauty).

But I don't know, if they count: both are Amber burst....😎

On 8/4/2019 at 8:45 PM, Gabe said:

Still curious.

On 8/18/2019 at 6:25 PM, alextazy said:

Hi

Would you ship this baby to France? 

Thanks

Alex

I've shipped a number of guitars over the years, I don't think I've ever shipped one internationally?   Certainly not post CITES.

I'm guessing the fretboard on the Talladega's is going to be a CITES restricted wood?  Anyone who's messed with this please jump in here.

6 hours ago, Boomerang~Junkie said:

I've shipped a number of guitars over the years, I don't think I've ever shipped one internationally?   Certainly not post CITES.

I'm guessing the fretboard on the Talladega's is going to be a CITES restricted wood?  Anyone who's messed with this please jump in here.

I've messed with this... when Kev sent me the HELL Standard, it was held up on the US side and I had to talk to a Customs guy about woods for a while, but he was cool. Apparently this month there is a CITES meetings, and on the docket is a proposal to allow musical instrument exemptions, as there is so little wood in them compared to furniture. I have recently shipped a guitar to England, and they didn't so much peek in the case. I wouldn't go so far as to say "Ship away," but I don't think guitars raise a lot of alarms now.

"Delegates will also decide whether musical instruments made of precious wood from trees regulated by the Convention should be exempted from CITES controls." SOURCE:

https://www.cites.org/eng/news/pr/cites-conference-to-strengthen-wildlife-trade-rules-for-fisheries-timber-exotic-pets-elephants-and-more_07082019

I hope this hangs around a while. I would love see another Tally in Talladega.  I have been buying and need to move one before I get this.  

2 hours ago, Boomerang~Junkie said:

B.O.S.,   Giddy-up with your sellin', daddy gotta buy some shoes!   (or a welder).   :)

Well, there is already one MONELM for sale here and mine is exactly the same except for the pickup rings.  If I can move that one, the Tally will be mine.

Archived