Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Interesting 1983 Special at GC

I don’t know if this was a mod or a custom order? Hoping someone may have some input. I can’t afford it right now but if it’s a custom order it should get inducted into the family!! I think GC is wrong on the year. It looks like a 93’ to me!!

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Hamer/Vintage-1983-1983-SPECIAL-Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar.gc

7AB4A443-136B-4581-950A-FB1194FFE521.jpeg

130191A8-8029-40AA-BEEC-BF3D7543C314.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Montelovesco said:

EMG with a Bigsby??

Don't know what (if any) is original, but I think we can all agree that this guitar should not exist.

31 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Don't know what (if any) is original, but I think we can all agree that this guitar should not exist.

So you’re thinkin it’s been butchered? I’ve never seen single coils (other than P90’s) or a bigsby on a Special. With the some what odd custom stuff Hamer did I just didn’t know. 

Maybe I should of titled it”What not to do to a Special”  or “A Very Special Abomination”

42 minutes ago, Dutchman said:

So you’re thinkin it’s been butchered?

No question in my mind it's been butchered. Whether it happened while it was being made or after the fact is anyone's guess.
My point earlier was that at this point, it doesn't really matter.

Butchered ‘93.

50 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

At leas it looks like they tried to do a good job. Nice lines on the pick guard, its the routes are good, I'd say it would be an interesting piece in the line up. 

Awwww...c’mon, Bubs!

AA0F220E-C160-4B3C-8B80-F1407657EA05.jpeg

Archived