Hamer Fan Club Message Center

For Sale: Several Guitars I Said I Would Never Sell

1976 Gibson Explorer - Limited Edition

You can read all of the sales hyperbole and vital statistics (for you Gear Pagers) in the Reverb ad at the link above, but here's the deal:
Bought from the original owner.  I was with him when he brought it home in 1977 and wanted it ever since.
Gigged literally hundreds of hours, but meticulously cared for.
Bridge pickup's life journey ended too soon, so a Josh Gravelin "#3" now "duz the brootalz," as @jisham would say.
$0LD.

2001 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe - Pete Townshend #5 Tribute

Made for the consummate Pete Townshend fanboi.  Me.
2001 Deluxe modified by our own @murkat several years ago using genuine Gibson and some home made parts.
Use the Reverb link above for more info, like neck dimensions, weight and zodiac sign.
$old

2012 Gretsch 6120TM

These Japanese Gretsch guitars play far and away better than the vintage ones after which they are designed.
Hit the Reverb ad above for more info!
Free Kahler with purchase!
$0ld.

More added below!

If I hadn't just blown my guitar budget I'd totally get that Gretch.   The Japanese Gretches seem to be a sweet spot in price/performance. I've only played a couple but they're typical Japanese well built.

59 minutes ago, Ed Rechts said:

HESTONKIZFINAL.png

LOL - Full disclosure, Dr. Zaius: I moved these guitars from the Forbidden Zone to Reverb weeks ago. The Oak Tree Situation only came about this past weekend.  

...and now that an appropriate time has passed to fulfill the period of dramatic foreshadowing (and for me to make up my mind), here is the "more" to which I alluded above.

2003 BCR Junior "#13"

I'm the original owner. This is the 1st guitar of the 3rd run of 6 BCR Juniors, making it the 13th overall.
BCR special ordered the thin head stock with Les Paul Junior strip tuners and light weight. one piece mahogany bodies.
This one is so light you'd think it was hollow (I'll weigh it tonight).

Currently has a Rio Grande Blues Bar and the stupid stock bridge has been thrown into the woods. No, seriously, I kept it.
The wrapper bridge is an All Parts or a Tone Pros (I can't remember which), but it is a tremendous improvement and the intonation is spot on perfect. 
I will include the original too hot Duncan pickup and the original bridge, but if you put them back on this guitar, you're a fool. The guitar is so resonant that the guitar rings as if it were amplified.

As I have done several times in the past, I bought the guitar, sold it, regretted it, found it for sale again and bought it back.
This is one of FOUR guitars in my current collection to which that applies.  Kinda ridiculous at this point.

Checkerboard case included!

$0LD! shipped with PayPal gift.

2004 Korina Special "Spruceburst"

AKA: "The Butcher Signature Series Sunburst."
#1 of 2 made. 

Gorgeous, thick spruce top.
Sustain Block bridge by @hamerhead.
Ebony board.
Inlayed Hamer logo
No inlays!
Duncan Phat Cats
Bound body and neck.
Chambered body.
Oh yeah, and the body and neck are beautiful, figured Korina.

For those of you who have not been here for 15 years, our own @butcher ordered this guitar back in 2003/2004.  He specified everything above but he also specified the thin head stock and strip tuners as with the BCR Juniors.

Hamer had a way of messing up BCR Custom orders back in the day. I should know because it happened to me. Twice.
Anyway, the guitar was delivered with the standard Hamer head stock thickness and Klusion style tuning machines.  I showed up at BCR that day, shortly after Butcher first saw the guitar and displayed his displeasure. Suffice it to say, he was not accepting the guitar.

BCR Greg was thrust in a position of either refunding money or returning the guitar.
I swooped in and bought the guitar, saving the day and making everyone happy. Including myself.

It's the kinda guy I am.  I'm a giver. And that's what givers do. They give.

Measurements are:
Nut Width: 1 11/16"
5th Fret: 1 13/16"
12th Fret: 2"
Depth is 7/8" the whole way.
Weight is 6lb 13oz.

OHSC included.

0000 shipped with PayPal gift.

Keeping it.

17 minutes ago, kizanski said:

I know...  I feel the same way.

I just can't do it, but i've been waiting for that guitar for EVER! I took that guitar, a Newport and an Artist and put them in a blender to create my Shishkov Custom Order #0070. I will weep on my pillow tonight. :(

Archived