Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Talladega (How many in the HFC?)

Here is what we have so far:  23 different guitars in these pics from the HFC.  I have a feeling there are quite a few missing.  Who wound up with the Aqua Tally...Beuller?

1-11.jpg

12-22.jpg

19.jpg

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

I have been a bit 'lost' lately, but you can add two more (the other one is a Tokai Anniversary)

Now the 'normal' Talladega have different pickups (Benedetto A6+Bareknuckle Stormy Monday)

CIMG3327.JPG

5 hours ago, shankyboy said:

Let's not forget the sweetest Tally of all. The Nightfire. Who ended up with that one?

There is an all mahogany one that circled a few times in the bay that always caught my eyes. It disappeared from the counter for a while. For a good reason I think.

16 minutes ago, gorch said:

There is an all mahogany one that circled a few times in the bay that always caught my eyes. It disappeared from the counter for a while. For a good reason I think.

I’ve only heard the legend of that one. Would love to see it, would kill to play it...

I've seen a lot of pictures on the Talladega & Talladega Pro on here, saw the GregV video of him demoing the guitar, but have never played or heard this model of guitar in person. Is it supposed to be a neck through Tele guitar with humbuckers that can cop the snappy single type tone? Is it any different from a Tele style guitar with 2 humbuckers with a coil tap in its wiring? I'm kind of curious as to what this guitar is about.

Guitar George

1 hour ago, Hamer95USA said:

I've seen a lot of pictures on the Talladega & Talladega Pro on here, saw the GregV video of him demoing the guitar, but have never played or heard this model of guitar in person. Is it supposed to be a neck through Tele guitar with humbuckers that can cop the snappy single type tone? Is it any different from a Tele style guitar with 2 humbuckers with a coil tap in its wiring? I'm kind of curious as to what this guitar is about.

Guitar George

Glued/set maple neck with chambered mahogany body and maple top on the original talladega. The pickups are single coils, kind of a tele type bridge and a P90-ish neck pickup. The neck pickup tone in my talladega is one of my all time favorite ever. 

3 minutes ago, Travis said:

Glued/set maple neck with chambered mahogany body and maple top on the original talladega. The pickups are single coils, kind of a tele type bridge and a P90-ish neck pickup. The neck pickup tone in my talladega is one of my all time favorite ever. 

Thanks for answering my questions about the Talladega. I'm guessing is that how it sounds with the stock Seymour Duncan Double D pickups then? I'm currently playing a Reverend Eastsider T that I modded with EMG T pickups & SPC module installed. I can cop single coil & or P-90 pickup tones with these active pickups. Is the Talladega different from the older P-90 equipped Specials or Studios from the '90s or 2000's? I've always wanted a Gibson LP Junior P-90 equipped type of guitar in my collection and am curious about either the Talladega, the P-90 equipped Specials, or P-90 equipped Studio. I don't own that type of guitar in my collection at the moment. 

Guitar George

34 minutes ago, Hamer95USA said:

Thanks for answering my questions about the Talladega. I'm guessing is that how it sounds with the stock Seymour Duncan Double D pickups then? I'm currently playing a Reverend Eastsider T that I modded with EMG T pickups & SPC module installed. I can cop single coil & or P-90 pickup tones with these active pickups. Is the Talladega different from the older P-90 equipped Specials or Studios from the '90s or 2000's? I've always wanted a Gibson LP Junior P-90 equipped type of guitar in my collection and am curious about either the Talladega, the P-90 equipped Specials, or P-90 equipped Studio. I don't own that type of guitar in my collection at the moment. 

Guitar George

Yes, the talladega is a completely different animal. 25.5” scale, maple neck instead of mahogany, chambered body and a different bridge. The stock DD neck pickup is one of my all time favorites.  I’m not super impressed wit the bridge pickup but then again I’m not a traditional tele player. 

I also don’t have a true P90 equipped guitar (special or jr) in my collection so I’m always looking...

2 hours ago, Pieman said:

Here's a review which shows clean and distorted at the four pickup selections.

The review says the Double Ds have an alnico and a ceramic magnet. You might be able to verify that at the Seymour Duncan site.

@Pieman: Thanks for posting & sharing that video with us! I liked this video demo compared to the GregV video. That gave me a good idea of what the guitar sounds like and what it's capable of doing. It's sort of like neck through/sustain block bridge like the original Special, but with Seymour Duncan Double D pickups, and is more twangier/snappy sounding like a Tele than the typical double humbucker/Les Paul style guitars, at least to me. For being one of the last U.S. made Hamer guitars with a different sound about it, it's got my attention in a good way since I was kind of looking at the '90s Hamer Specials with P-90 pickups. 

Guitar George

On 9/9/2019 at 10:47 AM, bigolsparky said:

Here is what we have so far:  23 different guitars in these pics from the HFC.  I have a feeling there are quite a few missing.  Who wound up with the Aqua Tally...Beuller?

1-11.jpg

12-22.jpg

19.jpg

You're f**king killing me, Smalls!

On 12/19/2019 at 5:43 AM, guitaround said:

I have been a bit 'lost' lately, but you can add two more (the other one is a Tokai Anniversary)

Now the 'normal' Talladega have different pickups (Benedetto A6+Bareknuckle Stormy Monday)

CIMG3327.JPG

Ooohhhh...  that tokai is nice. What’s the neck like on that?

1 hour ago, BubbaVO said:

Is the tally pro's  neck carve the same as the vintage carve?

I believe they’re different. I think they have a soft “V” carve similar to a 50s Strat. Confirmation anyone?

I’ve  never had one yet, plan on fixing that eventually!

1 hour ago, gtrdaddy said:

I believe they’re different. I think they have a soft “V” carve similar to a 50s Strat. Confirmation anyone?

I’ve  never had one yet, plan on fixing that eventually!

The regular Talladega definitely has a V contour. I’ve read that the pro has a softer V shape but I’ve not had the chance to compare the two. 

On 12/25/2019 at 8:47 PM, Travis said:

Ooohhhh...  that tokai is nice. What’s the neck like on that?

I would say it is pretty similar to the PRS Wide Fat, not thin at all.

This model was released for the 60th anniversary and they only made around a dozen or so (it looks like there was some legal issue because of the shape). Made in Japan, one piece body, Faber hardware, long tenon joint, MKII pickups... really good indeed... and very similar to the Talladega.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: 5 Tally Pros, 26 Tallies. 3 of which are Earthen Maple

There are 2 on reverb.  I did not count those.

1-11.jpg

12-22.jpg

24-31.jpg

Archived