Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Talladega (How many in the HFC?)

I have been wondering how many Talladegas there actually are.  I know there were 25 in the Earthen Maple Series, but don't have a really good idea of how many Pros and straight Tallies there are.  I figure most of the Tallies that exist are in this club.  I will start with mine and call it "One", so we know there was at least one Tally made.  Feel free to pile on. 

20180412_115930 (2).jpg

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I picked up that 2007 Talladega from Gruhn's in late 2015 (can't believe it's been that long!!).  It's a beautiful guitar, plays and sounds awesome.  Now that i'm playing jazz 100% of the time, i don't play it at all but i don't have the heart to sell it.  I look at it every time I reach for my jazz boxes though...

64015.jpeg

I've got this one:  LOVE this guitar.  

WXbfD0z.jpg

It's got WCR Cherrybuckers in it at the moment, but I'm hanging onto the DD's that it came with as well.  Only one that I've seen in "Vintage Orange"

I have had 3 each of the Talladega and Talladega Pro models. Here are 4, the one on the left is the ONE that I still have. Old picture. The other five have all gone to other HFC members.

Hamer Group11.JPG

At risk of stealing another member's thunder, these two that were at the top of the food chain. Why I let THEM get away.....Talladega TIger Eye 1.jpgTalladega Pro Tiger Eye 1.jpg

Regrets? I have a few......

4 minutes ago, Camstone said:

Wish all of my guitars had this neck profile. 

You and me both...

On 8/7/2019 at 8:43 PM, Bosmitch said:

I picked up that 2007 Talladega from Gruhn's in late 2015 (can't believe it's been that long!!).  It's a beautiful guitar, plays and sounds awesome.  Now that i'm playing jazz 100% of the time, i don't play it at all but i don't have the heart to sell it.  I look at it every time I reach for my jazz boxes though...

64015.jpeg

Love the bound neck and the quilted top. 

Hey, there is no objectiion against playing jazz on a Talladega. 

Gabe 😀

My “Irma” Talladega also has a bound neck. 

Sounds great with the Kinman P90-buckers 

(But also with the DD’s)

And the rosewood fingerboard is so dark, it looks like ebony  

Gabe 😀

388C9134-08EB-440D-B6B7-9321D7F90033.jpegSerial no. 755756

Archived