Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Talladega (How many in the HFC?)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Kurt L said:

What did you do with the 5th position?

I would install humbuckers with splits on two and four.

16 hours ago, bigolsparky said:

Great...now I have an excuse to buy another one.

Argh, you and me both...

9 hours ago, cynic said:

Neck, outer coils, N/B, inner coils, & bridge.  There are resistors in the 2 & 4 positions so the coils “see” 250k pots. 

Gotcha! I was still thinking stock pickups... I like the DDs. 

2 hours ago, Kurt L said:

Gotcha! I was still thinking stock pickups... I like the DDs. 

I like them too, but I have that covered now.  If I were to buy a second Tally, it would sport some humbuckers.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a newer forum member, but I have these two - Stock Talladega, and a Talladega Pro with WCR pickups installed.  Love these guitars!

IMG_6466.JPG

52 minutes ago, Mark C said:

I am a newer forum member, but I have these two - Stock Talladega, and a Talladega Pro with WCR pickups installed.  Love these guitars!

IMG_6466.JPG

1) welcome, newer forum member

2) which WCR pickups did you install and how do they sound in the Tally Pro?

17 pics so far and 2 mentions of Tallies with no pics.  Someone just bought a trans black one from here as well.  Where is the NGD announcement?? I can think of a handful that I know about that I haven't seen posted here.

Someone has an Indigo one and I believe there is a Teal one as well.  Not to mention the "Nightfire"...oh well, I just did.

Travis, thanks for the welcome.  The WCRs are Godwoods - I didn't install them, the previous owner did, and he included the original Duncans in the sale.  They sound fantastic in this guitar - slightly hot vintage paf vibe.  I will try out the Duncans some day just to see how they stack up.  

2 hours ago, Montelovesco said:

18BA84E5-F83B-4493-91E3-562FCA994D9D.jpeg

Posted this beauty more than once. The most expensive guitar I ever purchased - and worth every cenr.

Love the trans black. 

My tally is also the most expensive guitar I’ve ever purchased (to date, got a couple of things in the works) and I agree 100%, worth every cent. 

6 hours ago, Mark C said:

I will try out the Duncans some day just to see how they stack up.  

Welcome Sir!

Unless they’re Duncan DDs, don't bother with the Duncans. Duncan humbuckers sound nice, but don’t compare to the Wagners. I’ve Godwoods, American Steels and Crossroads sets and the Duncan’s can’t compare. Now if you’ve got a set of DDs, do try! They are different and a lot of fun!

Beauteous guits! 

Just now, gtrdaddy said:

Welcome Sir!

Unless they’re Duncan DDs, don't bother with the Duncans. Duncan humbuckers sound nice, but don’t compare to the Wagners. I’ve Godwoods, American Steels and Crossroads sets and the Duncan’s can’t compare. Now if you’ve got a set of DDs, do try! They are different and a lot of fun!

Beauteous guits! 

I was a hardcore Duncan fanboi for many years. Had a bunch of different humbuckers in many different guitars over the years. The Duncan custom shop 10k “brobucker” (first run before it became widely available) resided in the bridge of my tally for many years. 

I recently put the DD bridge pickup back in. I think I’ll keep my tally stock for a while but if I ever get another one then I’m going to convert it to dual HB’s and totally gonna have @JGravelin wind me a set. The pickups he made for my Charvel are the tits. I wanna see what he can do with a PAF style pickup...

2 minutes ago, Travis said:

I was a hardcore Duncan fanboi for many years. Had a bunch of different humbuckers in many different guitars over the years. The Duncan custom shop 10k “brobucker” (first run before it became widely available) resided in the bridge of my tally for many years. 

I recently put the DD bridge pickup back in. I think I’ll keep my tally stock for a while but if I ever get another one then I’m going to convert it to dual HB’s and totally gonna have @JGravelin wind me a set. The pickups he made for my Charvel are the tits. I wanna see what he can do with a PAF style pickup...

I’ve had the Wagners for a while now. The next custom set I get will be from Señor Gravelin.  

17 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

Welcome Sir!

Beauteous guits! 

Thanks!  My first Talladega has the stock DDs, and I really dig them - I play telecasters a lot, so they fit right at home with my style.  The pro came with both the WCRs and the original Duncan custom shop hum buckers, so it can't hurt to try them out.  I do really like the WCRs however.  

Archived