Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Talladega (How many in the HFC?)

21 hours ago, Pieman said:

I have a photo but it seems to exceed some size requirements.   Can somebody tell me how to get this right-sized?   I think they are three + meg in size.  Thanks.

You can upload it to a photo cloud and download it again.  Most sites will shrink the size of your photo. I use Gimp to shrink photos as well.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, cynic said:

I've owned four.  This is the lone survivor.  DDs were chucked for a set of WB Gregwinds.

IMG_0672_zps41650202.jpg

What is that color?  Blue or Indigo?

On 9/2/2019 at 9:17 AM, cynic said:

You're asking a guy that thinks indigo IS blue, so yes.

Indigo should have a purplish hue and based on that pic, I am guessing that is Indigo.

Yes, I did sell it here and I have regretted it ever since.

The back story is this: I'm a lifelong Giants fan and had season tickets when I lived in Jersey. I conned my wife into going to Arizona that year to see her folks; she doesn't follow football and I told her on the plane about the Super Bowl and the Giants (it's a much longer story). Before I left I entered the office Super Bowl pool. I was so pumped about the Giants win that I forgot about the pool. I returned the office a few days later and several thousand dollars in cash was delivered to my desk from the home office. So, I went out and found a blue Talladega, bought it and named it "Big Blue" after the Giants.

In a moment of insanity I sold Big Blue, the Mrs. must of put something in my beer! I'd love to have that guitar back!

57 minutes ago, rugby1970 said:

Yes, I did sell it here and I have regretted it ever since.

The back story is this: I'm a lifelong Giants fan and had season tickets when I lived in Jersey. I conned my wife into going to Arizona that year to see her folks; she doesn't follow football and I told her on the plane about the Super Bowl and the Giants (it's a much longer story). Before I left I entered the office Super Bowl pool. I was so pumped about the Giants win that I forgot about the pool. I returned the office a few days later and several thousand dollars in cash was delivered to my desk from the home office. So, I went out and found a blue Talladega, bought it and named it "Big Blue" after the Giants.

In a moment of insanity I sold Big Blue, the Mrs. must of put something in my beer! I'd love to have that guitar back!

If that is the guitar I think it is, it was once for sale in NYC Craigslist.

Just now, rugby1970 said:

It's a beautiful guitar. I hope that it's treating you well and visa versa.

I don't have it, but I was lusting after it.  My Tally is Amber.

So...  how many different colors were the Talladega finished in...?

mine is amber burst. I’ve seen:

jazzburst

blue/indigo

trans black

”nightfire”/trans red 

Aztec gold

vintage Orange 

natural/earthen maple

any other colors/finishes I left out?

also, as an aside, with some research I found a thread I started in December of 2006 on the Seymour Duncan forum. Apparently I predicted the future...And I quote...  Hamer is going to announce the new Talladega at NAMM in January. I will own one someday. I promise you all.

14 hours ago, Travis said:

So...  how many different colors were the Talladega finished in...?

mine is amber burst. I’ve seen:

jazzburst

blue/indigo

trans black

”nightfire”/trans red 

Aztec gold

natural/earthen maple

also, as an aside, with some research I found a thread I started in December of 2006 on the Seymour Duncan forum. Apparently I predicted the future...And I quote...  Hamer is going to announce the new Talladega at NAMM in January. I will own one someday. I promise you all.

Turquoise or Teal and Brown and my Tally is a NAMM show one.

32 minutes ago, bigolsparky said:

Turquoise or Teal and Brown and my Tally is a NAMM show one.

Now that you mention it, I’ve seen the brown one. Never seen turquoise or teal. 

21 minutes ago, cynic said:

There's also a mahogany top Tally in natural floating around.  It will be the next one I buy.

I’ve never seen that one. That sounds sick...

17 hours ago, Travis said:

amber burst:

jazzburst

blue/indigo

trans black

”nightfire”/trans red 

Aztec gold

vintage Orange 

natural/earthen maple

Talladega(, not the Pro):

Amberburst: Appears to be most common, but how many are there in total?.

Earthen maple: Exactly 25 have been made.

Trans black: At least 3 in existence.

Jazzburst: At least 1, but probably some more.

Blue/indigo: Only 1 I have seen.

Aqua blue/Turquoise: Only 1 I have seen.

Vintage Orange: Only 1 I have seen.

Tiger brown: Only 1 (and also a comparable Talladega Pro), has a bound neck and more than 1 Victory inlays.

”Nightfire”/trans red: Only 1 in existence, has a bound neck and more than 1 Victory inlays.

Aztec gold: Only 1 I know of (my "Irma" guitar), has a bound neck, only 1 Victory inlay..

Gabe 😃

So how many are there in total with a bound neck?

7 hours ago, atomicwash said:

Here's a link to the buddlejagarden copy of the Hamer web page featuring the Tally & Pro.

https://www.buddlejagarden.co.uk/hamer/tallade2.htm

I've seen a web photo of a translucent red Tally Pro.

The photo in the upper left corner with the Talladega on the chair (the one Hamer used for their promo shots) is mine. I’m sure I’ve said that enough times people already know but I’m just so proud of that one. If only it had made it into “the book”...  😜

Sorry it took so long to post the photo.

Left to right

1) Standard Tally     Ice Tea Burst  ( I can check the COA)

2) The Greg V Duco finish (crackled)     (Not the Shawn Tubbs gold top)  HB-ers replaced the DDs

3) Standard T Pro    Ice Tea Burst  ( I can check the COA)

4) The Jon Herington (Steely Dan) T Pro   Custom order.  Satin finish.  Narrow wale.  

5)  The Root Beer quilt.  Imperials.

Questions?

20190901_115015_resized.jpg.25a02c54c8dc7b67af9d5f17f3d8c5e9.jpg

5 hours ago, Pieman said:

Sorry it took so long to post the photo.

Left to right

1) Standard Tally     Ice Tea Burst  ( I can check the COA)

2) The Greg V Duco finish (crackled)     (Not the Shawn Tubbs gold top)  HB-ers replaced the DDs

3) Standard T Pro    Ice Tea Burst  ( I can check the COA)

4) The Jon Herington (Steely Dan) T Pro   Custom order.  Satin finish.  Narrow wale.  

5)  The Root Beer quilt.  Imperials.

Questions?

20190901_115015_resized.jpg.25a02c54c8dc7b67af9d5f17f3d8c5e9.jpg

Question is: which of those are available...?

On 9/5/2019 at 8:13 PM, cynic said:

There's also a mahogany top Tally in natural floating around.  It will be the next one I buy.

Great you mention it. I have always fallen in love when I saw it available. It turned up on EBay several times. I should have bought it.

Archived