Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NGD

1 hour ago, DaveL said:

Wow...  Nicely done. like the bronze hardware too.    interesting stuff going on in the fretboard as well.

Agree. I didn’t quite, “get”, the bronzed OFR finish until this build. It really compliments the guitar. 

1 hour ago, polara said:

That looks sensational. Really upscale but also kind of steampunk at once. Howzit play?

I was gonna say "you can't just make something out of wood, leather, and bronze and call it steampunk!" ... but let's face it, that's basically their jam. 

If you could add some lenses or portholes to it, that would be great.  :D

Thanks guys, here are the specs:

• Koa top
  • Black Limba body
  • Wenge neck
  • Macassar Ebony fretboard
  • Antique Copper / Bronze hardware
  • NFT Floyd Rose
  • Schaller compensated locking tuners
  • Bartolini pickups
  • Black TUSQ nut
  • Jumbo 6000 fretwire

20 hours ago, polara said:

That looks sensational. Really upscale but also kind of steampunk at once. Howzit play?

What an interesting observation - never even considered that but it certainly makes sense.

It plays and sounds really well. I have some small tweaks to make to the action, and I have to learn how to use a tremolo responsibly lol.

1 hour ago, cynic said:

I’m very curious how that gets along with the Floyd. I’d just had a similar thought for a project I’m getting together. 

I'll need a bit more time with it to be certain but, so far so good.  I'm not dive bombing so I don't anticipate issues. We shall see though 😉

Archived