Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  
frankb

WTB 22 Fret Strat Neck - Fender scale

WTB 22 Fret Strat Neck - Fender scale

Looking for an affordable replacement for a JTV- Variax (I know, I know)

Prefer rosewood board , has to be Fender Scale to drop in / make electronics work correctly 

Thanks 

Posted (edited)

Does it have to be a strat headstock?

I’ve got a partscaster with a Carvin neck that I’ve been thinking of replacing bescause I prefer a thicker neck. It’s what I would call wide/thin. 22 fret, ebony board, reverse headstock, additional holes from a different set of tuners it had at one time. 

The neck actually plays really well and the guitar sounds totally killer given I slapped it together with parts. 

I think I got the neck for $100 so I would let it go with the tuners for $100 plus actual shipping. I can get you better pictures at any angle you want if you like. Let me know if you’re interested. 

B82BF3B2-33E5-4FD6-B827-81A58390F345.jpeg

Edited by Travis
  • Like 2

I've got a solid rosewood strat neck I'm open to selling.

@Travis  - thanks, I'm not sure if the Carvin  will drop in. I'll have to think about the headstock, I hadn't thought about that aspect. What 'wide/thin' does the neck compare to? Ibanez wizard/sabre?

@cynic what shape is the neck? how much? 

Thank you both for giving me options to consider

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, frankb said:

@Travis  - thanks, I'm not sure if the Carvin  will drop in. I'll have to think about the headstock, I hadn't thought about that aspect. What 'wide/thin' does the neck compare to? Ibanez wizard/sabre?

It’s definitely not at thin as a Wizard neck. It’s got somebody curve to it. Thinner than my mid-90’s hamers which I would classify as medium thickness. It’s a 1 11/16ths” wide at the nut so it feels more like my Charvel than my hamers. 

Like I said, if you want some pictures, I can pull it apart this weekend and get you what you need. 

Edited by Travis

FWIW, I have a tele and two strats with the 24 3/4 Warmoth conversion necks that I love. They come with infinite possibilities for options of inlay, headstock, etc, I was really happy with how they came out.

Carvin regular profile necks are the thickness of a Charvel, but a modified c shape instead of more of a D on a Charvel. I like the Carvin neck profile a lot.

• Like 1

I've got a warmoth fatback maple cap 70s headstock w 10 to 16 radius. Side adjust truss rod. One very light coating of tru oil. 200 bucks plus shipping. Its a big neck though fyi