Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Why? For pity's sake, WHY?

Nice unusual B/W graphic.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hamer-81-Graphic-Special-Studio-Doublecut-Electric-Guitar-Pre-Owned/233307550727?hash=item365236b407:g:xr0AAOSwpORdSrxk

Why would anyone fit a Kahler to this guitar? Yes, I believe the plastic is hiding a hideous Kahler rout and I can see the screw-holes for the locking nut on the headstock.

If it was here in the States, and a might cheaper, I would buy it & do just that...

With flat surface and this kind of custom paint it won't be too hard to plug the hole and paint over it. Let it sit for a couple of months to let the paint get sucked in, lightly sand it to get rid of the unwanted traces, clear coat it and ...voila. You will have a perfect guitar. Same with the headstock, only simpler. Love the paint idea btw.

13 minutes ago, Studio Custom said:

spacer.png   

?

That might be one of the most annoying new company names of the 21st century.

ClearChannel may have been a villian name, I get why they wanted a different name for the streaming world. But geez, man. This name makes me cringe. I had a friend who, when she wanted to mock popular culture, would say "I heart you" instead of I love you. That's how bad it is.

I guess it's more proof that radio is a quarter century past the days when they were the arbiters of what's cool, so there should be no irony in a media company being tonedeaf.

Oh, and they shouldn't have cut the original guitar.  Because... on topic. 

15 minutes ago, Moose said:

This name makes me cringe. I had a friend who, when she wanted to mock popular culture, would say "I heart you" instead of I love you. That's how bad it is.

Indeed. Back in the late '70s when those types of bumper stickers and t-shirts became popular, my old man pondered having an order of bumper stickers printed that read, "I ♣️ my wife" or "I ♠️my dog".

5 hours ago, Devnor said:

My guess is Hamer installed the Kahler :)

With string ferrules already installed, like for a Sustain Block hardtail?  :blink:

Every time I see a guitar that's been boogered beyond belief, I just think of all the money I'm saving by not buying it, and not having to correct somebody else's 'handiwork'.  <_<

2 hours ago, hamerhead said:

Fixed it. Because that's what they've done to every radio station they've touched.

Two rules I always tell myself. "Serviced" is also what the bull did to the cow, and "Fixed" is what the vet did to the cat.

ClearChannel (and it's descendants) definitely "fixed" radio. Provided excellent service to musicians and music lovers, too.

4 hours ago, Biz Prof said:

Indeed. Back in the late '70s when those types of bumper stickers and t-shirts became popular, my old man pondered having an order of bumper stickers printed that read, "I ♣️ my wife" or "I ♠️my dog".

I recall, probably from the back pages of National Lampoon, that someone was offering rolls of stickers featuring a picture of a screw in various sizes, with the purpose of being applied over the hearts on bumper stickers and the like.

10 hours ago, Andrew said:

Nice unusual B/W graphic.

What does that mean, when as I understand it, each of them was "one of one"?

6 hours ago, scottcald said:

I say it every time I see one, but all of those graphics were cool.  

Concur.  I want them all.

But I'll sit this one out.

9 hours ago, Biz Prof said:

I 8 my dog...

8 hours ago, mrjamiam said:

What does that mean, when as I understand it, each of them was "one of one"?

Each may be unique, but unique is no synonym for unusual. Every nag is unique, but a unicorn is unusual.

Anyway, I've seen several with the thin top-bottom stripes. But never one with the additional zig-zag pattern of drop-out of the stripes.

Archived