Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Velocity fretless bass

Just picked up a fretless velocity bass... single bass lines pickup, volume control (push/pull to activate onboard preamp) tone control, and a stacked control knob which i think chooses preamp center frequency (lower ring) and preamp tone (upper ring)... not finding much on it other than made in korea and a serial number 2550557.. no marking on preamp... velcro’d in control cavity... any idea of preamp brand/model?..maybe year of manufacture?... everything looks factory original...

Loving this thing.... whole new dimension in playing and trying to break some acquired bad habits

Hey Man,

The imports do not get a ton of love around here, but there are some gems.

Curious about the mention of velcro in the cavity?

Post a few pics. You’ll have to downsize photos to post, but you can use cell pics.

Welcome 🤘😎

On 8/8/2019 at 11:12 PM, geoff_hartwell said:

Curious about the mention of velcro in the cavity?

😎

Sometimes occurs with active electronics to anchor the battery or other critical parts.  Beats duct tape.

Thank you one and all for your replies... i know the korean made instruments do not get a lot of love here... they do not seem to get a lot of love anywhere... but.... if it plays well, sounds well, and moves your soul a bit.... works for me.. (add a touch of delay and it really pops)..  the active electronics fastening is pretty common... point being made was that i doubt the active electronics are EMG... (not potentiometer mounted)...  still digging this bass... 

Archived