Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Fixed bridge USA Californian?

Travis

Did Hamer ever make one?  I get that the 12 string neck on the double neck Californians has a fixed bridge. But, did Hamer ever make a Californian with a sustain block like a Virt or a different fixed bridge?

Or, were all USA Californians fitted with a Floyd/licensed trem...?

kinda thinking of something like a Hamer Californian version of Jake E Lee’s blueburst charvel...

Cali without a Floyd? *

giphy.gif

* The obvious exception being a twelve string on a double Cali...

21 minutes ago, diablo175 said:

Cali without a Floyd? *

giphy.gif

* The obvious exception being a twelve string on a double Cali...

Some people like the ergonomics of a superstrat while also preferring a fixed bridge. 

My 3 Charvel 750xl’s with tune-o-matic/string-thru bridges were absolute killer guitars.  Of course, they were basically Les Paul type construction in the shape of a superstrat...

Yes.

HamerKKellerModel.jpg

17 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

Yes.

HamerKKellerModel.jpg

LOVE IT!!!

Can’t read the name on the headstock, tho. Could just be viewing on my phone...

That gives me ideas...

7 hours ago, Travis said:

Some people like the ergonomics of a superstrat while also preferring a fixed bridge.

Indeed, some people do.

@cmatthes yes, I was aware of a few hard tail Cali's out there. I was making light of my well documented  nigh-obsession with Floyd-style trems and Cali's. To me, a fixed bridge Cali is waste of a good Cali  ;)

Who on the HFC had the red Cali (sparkle?) with two single-sized/rail OBLs, like a telecaster?  Wasn't that one a hardtail?  I haven't seen that one posted on the board in ages

10 minutes ago, Jeff R said:

Who on the HFC had the red Cali (sparkle?) with two single-sized/rail OBLs, like a telecaster?  Wasn't that one a hardtail?  I haven't seen that one posted on the board in ages

It is gold sparkle with a sustain block bridge too.  Made for Fred Newell. Steve S. has the guitar.

2 hours ago, Jeff R said:

I love that one.  It’s Gatorbyte’s isn’t it?

19 hours ago, DBraz said:

The “Kellerfornian”

5DE41924-05E3-4730-99C9-3B3CF71CF1BE.jpeg

Which is different from this one!  

HamerKKellerModel.jpg

The fact that there are two this cool should never have happened...

13 hours ago, HamStd said:

It is gold sparkle with a sustain block bridge too.  Made for Fred Newell. Steve S. has the guitar.

I need to see this sustain block Cali...

🤤🤤🤤

3 hours ago, gatorbyte007 said:

Here is a old photo. Great Guitar it’s a set neck, sustainblock cali. With Boomers and flashing LEDs.

54A81827-52BE-459F-955E-BC6D8CAFAB62.png

Dibs...?

I dunno, a "superstrat" without a whammy bar is like Superman with kryptonite in his underwear. It just ain't "super" anymore. At that point it's just a Strat-shaped Lester. Not that there's anything wrong with that, if that's your thing. Different strokes for different folks...or different Strats for different...rats? 

7 hours ago, FGJ said:

I dunno, a "superstrat" without a whammy bar is like Superman with kryptonite in his underwear. It just ain't "super" anymore. At that point it's just a Strat-shaped Lester. Not that there's anything wrong with that, if that's your thing. Different strokes for different folks...or different Strats for different...rats? 

This.

Archived