Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Sold!! Reinhardt 18 and Two Ported Avatar 1-12 Cabs

I alway’s swore I would never sell this amp. It’s got Marshall tone in spades. Thick yummy make you smile and get’s the creative juices flowing kinda tone. It’s been in my studio since Bob built it for me. Tubes are all vintage Mullards. Mint condition. HFC discount $2100.00 shipped. The cab’s were custom ordered and the porting really smooths out but yet tighten’s up the bottom end. There is a Greenback in one and a Legend in the other. 

F0B9FDD5-43E6-472B-A107-461294167776.jpeg

Somewhere I have video of an amp enthusiasts gathering in which a Reinhardt slays all comers.

And I have a non-ported version of that cabinet. Nice!

All in all, a drool-worthy offering.

1 hour ago, JGale said:

Somewhere I have video of an amp enthusiasts gathering in which a Reinhardt slays all comers.

It was that video that lead me to contact Bob and the result was this amp!! I can’t find that video any longer. For those unfamiliar with this amp I found a demo video from a few years back.  It states in the headers when he switch's between the EL84 version and the 6v6 version. Both are killer amp’s.

I think I found those videos. I put them in my dropbox folder: EL84 version here and 6V6 version here.

Is that Greg Germino playing?

*** I need to reclaim my Dropbox to transfer some large files. These are two videos of Greg Germino playing both versions (EL84, 6V6) of Reinhart 18 watt amp. If you would like a copy leave me a PM. - Jim ***

I think those vids were shot at an amp show I attended back around 2006 or 2007 just outside Charlotte. Definitely Greg Germino playing, I remember him demoing Bob's amps while Bob spoke, and being impressed both by Greg's playing, and that two builders of similar products competing in the same market would be cool like that. 

If I didn’t own a Reinhardt 18 combo, I would snap this up in a second. So many killer plexi tones to be found in this amp. Connect the channels with cables or an A/B/Y box and you’re off to the races. 

1 hour ago, RobB said:

Connect the channels with cables and you’re off to the races. 

Rob, I'm not familiar with these amps so this may sound like a stupid question but, what would be the purpose and how do you connect the channels together?

Same as an old, 4-input Marshall/Fender: Guitar cable to input 1 (high). Run a short cable from input 1(low) to input 2 (high). The resulting sound comes from diming volume one into volume two, so it can get stupidly loud, My Reinhardt combo has power scaling, a handy feature as it can get very loud  

As far as the a/b/y method, search YouTube for, “plexi with aby box”, you’ll find the video. This is how I input my Reinhardt and it sounds tits. 

1 hour ago, RobB said:

Same as an old, 4-input Marshall/Fender: Guitar cable to input 1 (high). Run a short cable from input 1(low) to input 2 (high). The resulting sound comes from diming volume one into volume two, so it can get stupidly loud, My Reinhardt combo has power scaling, a handy feature as it can get very loud  

Yup, I guess it's similar to how I jumped my Rivera era effects loop... cascading the tubes stages & use the effects loop send and return control as a power scaling volume

13 hours ago, RobB said:

Nice one, Dutch. The proud new owner is gonna have the best 18w plexi out there. Shame Bob couldn't have worked out a similar, sub-contracting deal as Mike Soldano. His amps need to be played and heard.

It was a very tough one to let go!! Love love loved that amp!! But I can see my oncologist without feeling like a non paying bum now!!

Archived