Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  
Willie G. Moseley

Finally saw the Lemmy documentary...

Posted (edited)

...from 2010 (didn't realize it had been out that long). The entire film, which clocks in at almost two hours, is up on Youtube.

Talk about "whatcha see is whatcha get," including an apartment clogged up by hoarding. Jeezus. No sanctimony, pretensions or stereotypical rock star bull****. Believe it or leave it.

Underlined by endorsements of a Who's Who of hard rock/metal stars, but the recollections from Rockin' Vickers and Hawkwind members as well as Lemmy's son add to the validity. 

For players, Lemmy's, er, instructional segment is unforgettable: He differentiates between  playing standard bass (he plunks root-five, root-five with a sarcastic smirk on his face) and his own style (dials up the "Murder One" Marshall head and pounds the **** out of three strings at one time).

Seems to be an appropriate doc for the profile subject. YMMV

P.S.: Anybody ever read White Line Fever?

Edited by Willie G. Moseley
  • Like 3

I saw it, found it super depressing. Respect his music, but he just struck me as a lonely alcoholic. 

1 hour ago, Willie G. Moseley said:

Talk about "whatcha see is whatcha get," including an apartment clogged up by hoarding.

The apartment was indeed a pigsty, but did you notice how the room with his military relics was as clean as an operating room? Man's gotta have his priorities, I reckon.

• Like 1

Wow  - did not realize that the doc was that old.  I have it on DVD or BD - not sure which.  Two things that stuck with me - the song at the end, which was from an as-yet unreleased Lemmy solo album.  And when the interviewer asked him what the most valuable thing in his apartment was, and he answered, "My son, obviously."  Instantly.  As much as he'd talked about some of the other stuff, there was no consideration taken when answering.

• Like 1

I’ll have to check it out.      He seems like a cool guy.   Pretty much the only guy on the decline of western civ ii that seemed to have any sense.     But does he have issues?    Seems like he’d been doing meth for many years.   Just thinking out loud.    

Anyone else interested in seeing photos of the 2,000+ women he says he slept with, me neither. 

• Haha 1