Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS: Pure Sixty-Four Low-powered Tweed Twin head

SOLD!!
Pure Sixty-Four Low-powered Tweed Twin Head

Pure Sixty-Four and 
Mark Giammattei's take on the Fender 5E8A 50's Low-power 40 watt Tweed Twin amp. Completely hand-wired head with the best-of-the-best components and tweaked to have more of a hot-rodded tone with a bit of extra gain on tap. The way we wished the original had! The listing is for just the head, no cab. I was running it with a single 12" Weber or a single Fane Alnico 12", both sounded sweet.

This is a one-off with a Black Tweed cab. I custom-ordered it from Mark in a Black Tweed finish to match my speaker cab. Looks really great. I am the original owner. 100% original. Works perfectly - no issues. Probably less than 15 hrs on it. These sell new, direct from Pure-Sixty Four for $1,200. I tried 2 other Tweed Twins from other boutique builders and this one was just better overall. Much Tighter bottom end, not flabby at all!  And a bigger, more open sounding midrange.

The amp is as-new condition, barely used and kept in non-smoking home. I am only selling as I just bought one of Mark's 5E3 Tweed Deluxes. That fits my band better. The Tweed Twin is just a little too loud for me (My blues band only plays small places and doesn't play that loud) 

More info below and feel free to contact Mark at Pure Sixty four to authenticate that I am the original owner - Thx!

SOLD!
Thx,
Ernie

INFO FROM PURE SIXTY-FOUR:

A head version of the circuit which is based on the 5E8A 50s Tweed Twin. You can have it stock or "Hot Rod" We suggest the "Hot Rod" Hot Rod was designed to bring more flexibility to the original because its a bit of a one trick pony. The amp retains all of the amazing greatness of an original TT but adds an element which makes it a perfect pedal board platform for any venue and almost any style of music. Experience endless "bell like" clean tones with your guitar volume down, step on it and the thing just sings for days...warm sweet or with a bite if you choose! The amp is shipped with 12AX7s in the pre-amp. All of the clips out there are done with the harder driving mu of the 12AX7. Make no mistake, change the pre-amp tubes to 12AY7 and the amp cleans up with a warmth and sing, with bell like highs you'll never want to stop playing! An ENTIRELY hand made amplifier...no circuit boards, custom transformers and hand made cabinet, loaded with Celestion speakers. An amp built this way, with the level of organic tone inside, this box is an absolute steal at this price! The amp stands right along side any "F" based amplifier in the world...regardless of the year or who's name is on it! Voiced by guitarists for guitarists. 

Soul1.jpgSoul2.jpgSoul4.jpgTwin5.jpgSoul3.jpg

I was going to build a 5E8A as my next build. I can’t build one cheaper than the price he’s got on this. Great amp at a great price!!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived