Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Hamer Korina Futura in Japan

https://www.rockin.co.jp/shop/archives/76184.html

NOT the Rick Nielsen model, part of a special run of Korina Futuras for the Japanese market. I had one for awhile, it was a spectacular instrument.

I have purchased directly from this shop in the past, they will ship to the US. I also believe they will get the proper CITES export paperwork. By my calculations, it would be around $2,400-$2,500 all in depending on final shipping cost. Here's the international contact form:

https://www.rockin.co.jp/forinternationalcustomers/contact/?id=76184

FEEL THE MELLOW GOLD!!

HamerJPNSKorinaSeries1.jpg

8 hours ago, memberzonly said:

I actually inquired about this one last week. They told me they wouldn’t ship to the US at this time.  Hopefully, someone has better luck.

Sorry to hear that. The last time I asked them about shipping a rosewood containing guitar, they told me it would take a few weeks for them to get the expert paperwork together.

There are other ways, but it would probably add $3-400 to the cost.

1 hour ago, currypowder said:

Sorry to hear that. The last time I asked them about shipping a rosewood containing guitar, they told me it would take a few weeks for them to get the expert paperwork together.

There are other ways, but it would probably add $3-400 to the cost.

I was surprised as I had heard that they *would* do it, like you stated.

Perhaps they had a guitar get stuck in US Customs and have given up?

When I had the Washburn Frankenstein #1 shipped from Australia, which has no rosewood, it was stuck in customs for six weeks.  Unfortunately the people are not trained properly and things get set aside and forgotten about, meanwhile the members of the transaction freak out.  

2 minutes ago, Studio Custom said:

Perhaps they had a guitar get stuck in US Customs and have given up?

When I had the Washburn Frankenstein #1 shipped from Australia, which has no rosewood, it was stuck in customs for six weeks.  Unfortunately the people are not trained properly and things get set aside and forgotten about, meanwhile the members of the transaction freak out.  

Possible. I did reach out to my contact at Rockin' to see if he can help. I've purchased several guitars from them, don't know if that will make any difference.

There's no telling why Customs might delay a shipment. The last 2 delays that I've heard about had to do with them checking to see if the guitar was made of solid wood vs MDF (medium density fiberboard) which, apparently, gives off formaldehyde. I've had customs question me about any shell material. I still have not had any issues with rosewood.

8 hours ago, cmatthes said:

FEEL THE MELLOW GOLD!!

HamerJPNSKorinaSeries1.jpg

2 hours ago, 0054 said:

Worst ad copy ever.

On the contrary...BEST ad copy ever!  😜

I heard back from my contact at Rockin'. He confirmed that they are not shipping rosewood internationally at this time. From his message, I believe the main reason is that they are waiting to see what comes out of the CITES meeting happening this month. The exclusion of musical instruments from rosewood restrictions is on the docket.

Archived