Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The Ultimate logo

Does anyone have the "The Ultimate" logo scanned or in some other type of high res digital format?

Like on Jols T.shirt.
68573021_10156653810836342_9020467125977

Now I expect two or three "no, I don't have the logo" replies in this thread. Zero "I have it and can mail it" reply. And 35 replies that in some way or the other comments or making fun of Jol.

Edit: I think there was a store online that sold repros of this T-shirt some years ago. Can't find it now, anyone have a link?

1 minute ago, Disturber said:

Now I expect two or three "no, I don't have the logo" replies in this thread. Zero "I have it and can mail it" reply. And 35 replies that in some way or the other comments or making fun of Jol.

Well, I know that I can help with the latter and I wouldn't want to disappoint.

Jerk-ol looks like he was attempting to adopt Greg Hawke's look, but failed miserably. 

4 minutes ago, Disturber said:

The key to success in life is to have realistic expectations. I can only assume that you are a very successful person.

As for the picture, I can only assume that the word "COCKHEAD" came off in the wash.

I understand that Jol turned people off with his "red is not available on this model" to a day later having be a standard color type behaviors, but in the end, he was the founder of Hamer and without him there would be nothing to talk about here. 

Many successful people are oddballs, it their uniqueness that allows them to have visions beyond the norm.   By all accounts, Steve Jobs was a total asshole, including to his daughter and her mother. 

5 minutes ago, Studio Custom said:

I understand that Jol turned people off with his "red is not available on this model" to a day later having be a standard color type behaviors, but in the end, he was the founder of Hamer and without him there would be nothing to talk about here. 

Many successful people are oddballs, it their uniqueness that allows them to have visions beyond the norm.   By all accounts, Steve Jobs was a total asshole, including to his daughter and her mother. 

Mostly all true, but I would attribute more about Hamer to the man who was actually named Hamer.

I often run afoul of people because I treat people and speak of people based almost solely on the way they treat me.
So, while everyone is genuflecting for Jol and talking about him as if he walked on sparkling water, all I know is he had an expression of contempt on his face when I was talking to him (more than once) that I will never forget. 
Conversely, there are people that friends of mine don't like or have an issue with and all I can say is that this person was always cool to me, so I can't really get on board with the way you guys feel.  I just didn't have that experience.

2 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Mostly all true, but I would attribute more about Hamer to the man who was actually named Hamer.

Paul Hamer left pretty early on, before much of the brand's success.  PERHAPS, it was a thorn in Jol's side that he was there,creating the boutique guitar industry while the other guy's name was on the head stock. 

3 minutes ago, Studio Custom said:

Paul Hamer left pretty early on, before much of the brand's success.  PERHAPS, it was a thorn in Jol's side that he was there,creating the boutique guitar industry while the other guy's name was on the head stock. 

Having a problem with one guy doesn't make you a douche.  Being a douche makes you a douche.

19 minutes ago, Studio Custom said:

...but in the end, he was the founder of Hamer and without him there would be nothing to talk about here.

My point is there would be no Jol without Paul.  You can't talk about "but in the end" without "in the beginning" and the beginning was Paul.

4 minutes ago, kizanski said:

My point is there would be no Jol without Paul.  You can't talk about "but in the end" without "in the beginning" and the beginning was Paul.

It's not that simple, there were 4 partners at first:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamer_Guitars

Hamer Guitars is an American manufacturer of electric guitars founded in 1973, in Wilmette, Illinois, by vintage guitar shop owners Paul Hamer, Jol Dantzig, James Walker and John Montgomery.

I'm not sure why you are putting so much emphasis on Paul.

I believe Jol would have done it elsewhere if not under the Hamer banner, he was still the guy with the vision to bring many new features to the guitar industry that today we accept as normal.  

If you ever spent time truly speaking to Jol, you'd found much of that persona was a front and deep down he wasn't a douche, but insecure. 

Just now, Studio Custom said:

It's not that simple, there were 4 partners at first:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamer_Guitars

I'm not sure why you are putting so much emphasis on Paul.

I believe Jol would have done it elsewhere if not under the Hamer banner, he was still the guy with the vision to bring many new features to the guitar industry that today we accept as normal.  

If you ever spent time truly speaking to Jol, you'd found much of that persona was a front and deep down he wasn't a douche, but insecure. 

I put a lot of emphasis on Paul because his name in on the head stock. There's a reason for that.
Also in every conversation I've had with Paul, he was one of the nicest human beings I had ever had in my orbit.  He didn't have to be.  He wasn't trying to be. He just is.

Jol may be insecure and that makes him come across as a douche, but make no mistake: there is an intrinsic douche-ness to him and not all of it is because his insecurity.
Maybe he's insecure because he knows he's a douche.

4 minutes ago, kizanski said:

I put a lot of emphasis on Paul because his name in on the head stock. There's a reason for that.
Also in every conversation I've had with Paul, he was one of the nicest human beings I had ever had in my orbit.  He didn't have to be.  He wasn't trying to be. He just is.

Jol may be insecure and that makes him come across as a douche, but make no mistake: there is an intrinsic douche-ness to him and not all of it is because his insecurity.
Maybe he's insecure because he knows he's a douche.

So you are proposing it is a self-fulfilling prophecy vortex.   😋

1 minute ago, Studio Custom said:

So you are proposing it is a self-fulfilling prophecy vortex.   😋

Yes, it's a Chicken vs. Egg thing. Or in Jol's case, Fowl vs. Foul.

3 hours ago, kizanski said:

I often run afoul of people because I treat people and speak of people based almost solely on the way they treat me.
So, while everyone is genuflecting for Jol and talking about him as if he walked on sparkling water, all I know is he had an expression of contempt on his face when I was talking to him (more than once) that I will never forget. 
Conversely, there are people that friends of mine don't like or have an issue with and all I can say is that this person was always cool to me, so I can't really get on board with the way you guys feel.  I just didn't have that experience.

Maybe the look on his face was cause he needed to take a shit ?

Archived