Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Woodstock Deja Vu (?)

django49

Guess I am late to the party. Anyone up for a THIRTY EIGHT CD set that has EVERYTHING including stage banter, for the whole experience? Sounds a bit like some of Elvis' later live albums. And ONLY $800! (Apparently missing only about 3 mysterious tracks for which they cold not get licensing).

I am not sure there are enough drugs to get me in the mood for nearly an hour of Dark Star/Turn On Your Lovelight. Which I am given to believe Garcia never wanted to release because they played so poorly. But maybe i heard that wrong. But at least it might answer the question about who  (not Who) some of those people on stage were.

Sorry, count me out......But guess what, apparently long since sold out.....What was it P.T. Barnum said?

https://www.rhino.com/article/woodstock-back-to-the-garden-the-definitive-50th-anniversary-archive-tracklist

Well-to-do former hippies everywhere will recapture their youth by cranking their iPhones while sitting in the middle of a muddy field.

And it will be beautiful.

23 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

Well-to-do former hippies everywhere will recapture their youth by cranking their iPhones while sitting in the middle of a muddy field.

...while crying for their student loan debt to be excused.

I'd like to hear The Who's complete set.
Jimi's complete Woodstock set was released years ago. At least I think it was the complete set.

And fuck Janie Hendrix.  ...and Shannon Lee for that matter.

IIRC the Who's version of "We're Not Gonna Take It" on the original Woodstock soundtrack was edited; the full version was on the The Kids Are Alright soundtrack. Like KIzanski, I wouldn't mind hearing their whole set, and comparing it to their Isle of Wight set from the next annum...which I've heard, and it wasn't too inspiring. 

Wouldn't mind hearing Mountain, for that matter. FWMOW they were always a better listen live than their studio material. YMMV

Heard Joe Cocker and Santana live in Atlanta two months after Woodstock, along w/ the Chicago Transit Authority (who headlined) + an opening local band called the Georgia Power Company. Highlight for me at that show was Cocker's "Let's Go Get Stoned"...

Archived