Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Banned at TGP

Dasein

I've got a one week ban at TGP --- no idea at all how or why. I've had no controversial posts that I'm aware of, no spats with anyone -- just went to check a recent post and I'm banned.... No specific reason - no reference to a post --- and no way to even ask a question why? The only --- and this is a stretch -- the only thing I could imagine it being is there was a thread about Bands that had vanished - and some guy made a comment about how some Christian bands are actually trying to vanish that another poster said he didn't understand the point and I explained that I thought it was a "rapture" reference... I'm flumoxed because there's not even an reference in the ban notice. 

You have received a warning from the Staff

Dasein, 26 minutes ago, you were given the following warning: Inappropriate Behavior

This warning has been given to you for violating the rules of The Gear Page.

The consequences of this warning are:
  • You have received 3 infraction points.
  • Your account has not otherwise been restricted.

•  

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, kizanski said:

I've racked up a few suspensions there and for stuff that no one here would even notice, much less get upset about. 

That’s the thing...... and it’s crazy that I’m sitting here suddenly flush red - then I laugh.... because I guess it doesn’t matter..... it shouldn’t matter.... but still.

I also made a comment about Neil Young having old man smell.... maybe that was it?

does that warning you quoted equal a one week ban? If so it doesn't seem like much of a warning... says you got some kind of demerits but your account is not otherwise restricted?

I've been posting there since the mid 2000s, I can remember being warned by a mod once when I was admittedly out of line over some bullshit but have never been given any kind of  suspension or anything.

4 minutes ago, soli'd said:

does that warning you quoted equal a one week ban? If so it doesn't seem like much of a warning... says you got some kind of demerits but your account is not otherwise restricted?

I've been posting there since the mid 2000s, I can remember being warned by a mod once when I was admittedly out of line over some bullshit but have never been given any kind of  suspension or anything.

It just looks like a generic warning by a lazy mod - there’s no way to access the site or any more detail until my account is enabled.... what can you do right? I was going to burn the world down but then realized I would have wasted my rage.

4 minutes ago, soli'd said:

don't waste your rage.  you may really need it one day. 

Ya... my last rage was when they discontinued ET cereal.... I’m saving it up in case they ever mess with Cap’N Crunch. That shit won’t stand!

I've been warned plenty of times.  The greatest admin guy over there is Big Mike.  He always has a way of showing you the boundaries without being insulting.  A good guy.

When the lights come back on, contact him. 

59 minutes ago, kizanski said:

I've racked up a few suspensions there and for stuff that no one here would even notice, much less get upset about. 

Luckily, no whiskey in my mouth when I read that.  I'm guessing you dressed somebody down and got the hook.  Factually, you would remain here.  That's not in dispute. 

31 minutes ago, Studio Custom said:

Many people there have had multiple personsity disorder, if ya catch my drift.   

Simon Sez!   :D

Wait -- so who still posts on the gear page?  And why?

Are you the same sorts who constantly fight about politics on the facebooks? Or do you miss your days of cliquish high school social woes? That place made reddit look reasonable, and I don't think I've seen it outside of a search engine return in a decade.

1 hour ago, killerteddybear said:

Can't ban you for the truth...

Umm...    it's the Gear page we're talking about. I'm not sure if this statement is accurate.

10 hours ago, The Shark said:

I've been warned plenty of times.  The greatest admin guy over there is Big Mike.  He always has a way of showing you the boundaries without being insulting.  A good guy.

Yeah, no. He's a colossal tool, just like all the other TGP admins and mods. My opinion may or may not be influenced by my current permaban over there.

The fact that the prevailing demographic is men in their 40s, 50s and 60s and they replace curse words with asterisks tells you all you need to know about that forum.

1 minute ago, MCChris said:

Yeah, no. He's a colossal tool, just like all the other TGP admins and mods. My opinion may or may not be influenced by my current permaban over there.

The fact that the prevailing demographic is men in their 40s, 50s and 60s and they replace curse words with asterisks tells you all you need to know about that forum.

You are massively under estimating the average age, which was around 62 when someone posted a poll. 

Archived