Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Banned at TGP

Dasein

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, The Shark said:

My point exactly.  You're a very deliberate individual.  Not predictable.  Deliberate.

Well, I didn't intend to get suspended, but I wasn't going to let the threat of it stop me from telling someone (in this case a moderator - wanna guess which one?) that he's full of shit.
Of course, my wording was not as blunt as that, but the message was there.
Other "members" chimed in to his defense, which is fine. That's why they're "members."

Since then the thread (the subject of which was about a guy getting ripped off by Cowtown Guitars' Jesse's ex-wife) has been deleted, so, even though evidence of my horrendous crime has been eliminated (effectively eliminating the crime), the punishment remains.

Here's what happened:
As is the case with most threads, this one grew several tangents, but it didn't get ugly as I was expecting.
The moderator who shall remain nameless (but he shops for his clothes in plus sizes) chimed in to say that everyone needs to be civil because "us mods can't be expected to read every thread."  Poor portly fellow can't discern debate from argument... Great choice for a moderator.

My alleged crime?  (I say "alleged" because, aside from my admission above, there is no evidence that I committed it) I suggested (in an admittedly snarky way) that instead of members ratting on each other, they be allowed to carry on as if they were grown men with skin thicker than the paper wrapped around an onion.

The absurdity of that rubbed some of the dicks - I mean members - the wrong way, and a non-moderator threw his hat in the ring, saying that as an alternative, I could conduct myself better, to which I responded "Conduct this."

The lights went out shortly after that.

So, again...  Did I deserve it?  I honestly don't think so.
But I knew it was coming.

2 hours ago, kizanski said:

Well, I didn't intend to get suspended, but I wasn't going to let the threat of it stop me from telling someone (in this case a moderator - wanna guess which one?) that he's full of shit.
Of course, my wording was not as blunt as that, but the message was there.
Other "members" chimed in to his defense, which is fine. That's why they're "members."

Since then the thread (the subject of which was about a guy getting ripped off by Cowtown Guitars' Jesse's ex-wife) has been deleted, so, even though evidence of my horrendous crime has been eliminated (effectively eliminating the crime), the punishment remains.

Here's what happened:
As is the case with most threads, this one grew several tangents, but it didn't get ugly as I was expecting.
The moderator who shall remain nameless (but he shops for his clothes in plus sizes) chimed in to say that everyone needs to be civil because "us mods can't be expected to read every thread."  Poor portly fellow can't discern debate from argument... Great choice for a moderator.

My alleged crime?  (I say "alleged" because, aside from my admission above, there is no evidence that I committed it) I suggested (in an admittedly snarky way) that instead of members ratting on each other, they be allowed to carry on as if they were grown men with skin thicker than the paper wrapped around an onion.

The absurdity of that rubbed some of the dicks - I mean members - the wrong way, and a non-moderator threw his hat in the ring, saying that as an alternative, I could conduct myself better, to which I responded "Conduct this."

The lights went out shortly after that.

So, again...  Did I deserve it?  I honestly don't think so.
But I knew it was coming.

It's not the Hamer Forum, I'll grant you that.  And I think they've been overly sensitive lately.  If I want to slam somebody there, I find their e-mail and go at them that way.  They, admittedly, have no "jurisdiction".  Little Matte comes to mind.

I did read the thread before it went "poof".  Jesse's ex is a hot thief to be sure.  And he's an idiot.  I knew Mark (the founder of Cowtown) back when he was in Cleveland.  His move to Vegas was a mistake on many levels.  As for Pawn Stars, the Mary Ford guitar story is rich.  People interested in "collusion" should read about it.  The Pawn Stars "experts" are just that; the Pawn Star's expert.  The idiot with the hat that knows everything is a boob.  Anyone can educate themselves about an item before they go on camera.  Bring the fat bastard in without any prep-time and I bet he knows almost nothing about the specific items on the show.  Professional wrestling is more "real"...

Those guys are a bunch of fucking tools. Eight or nine years ago when I was  distributing G-Lab in the US, I had given TGP a couple of G-Lab pedals, worth $600 for a TGP giveaway and review.  Shortly after, unbeknownst to me, they had revised rules for manufacturers and dealers with regards to where they can post promo information and sales ads.  I posted a link to a review, or something about the wah pedal that we were working on for Warren Haynes on the forum board that was previously designated for those activities unaware that roughly a week or two prior they had changed the designated board to a new one.  Did anybody bother to send me a link with the info about the changes, did they message me and just give me a warning with the updated info that I needed? No. Those dicks  (I mean members) just clocked me with points for spamming.  I messaged them asking why the heavy hand without a warning first,  and pointed out that I just given them $600 in pedals.

Their response: “We can’t play favorites.” 

Are they kidding me? What a bunch of fucking douche bags. I should’ve sent them a bill for the pedals with a note saying I can’t play favorites. Sorry sack of Assholes. 

2 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Absolutely.

Why didn't you?

Because somewhere, perhaps in the review that they did, I had seen where they had mentioned the pedals were going to be used for a giveaway. Knowing that the pedals would never be paid for,  and if I push for them to return them, it probably wouldn’t go over well with TGP members that were looking forward to the giveaway. I didn’t want to tarnish the brand name if TGP decided to blame the reversal on the giveaway on me.  Funny thing is, that I never saw where they actually gave the pedals away. They're probably sitting in some mod’s house. 

21 minutes ago, gtrdaddy said:

Those guys are a bunch of fucking tools. Eight or nine years ago when I was  distributing G-Lab in the US, I had given TGP a couple of G-Lab pedals, worth $600 for a TGP giveaway and review.  Shortly after, unbeknownst to me, they had revised rules for manufacturers and dealers with regards to where they can post promo information and sales ads.  I posted a link to a review, or something about the wah pedal that we were working on for Warren Haynes on the forum board that was previously designated for those activities unaware that roughly a week or two prior they had changed the designated board to a new one.  Did anybody bother to send me a link with the info about the changes, did they message me and just give me a warning with the updated info that I needed? No. Those dicks  (I mean members) just clocked me with points for spamming.  I messaged them asking why the heavy hand without a warning first,  and pointed out that I just given them $600 in pedals.

Their response: “We can’t play favorites.” 

Are they kidding me? What a bunch of fucking douche bags. I should’ve sent them a bill for the pedals with a note saying I can’t play favorites. Sorry sack of Assholes. 

It's all in the presentation I've found.  If you are apologetic and non-confrontational you will have far better luck. 

On my return I messaged Big Mike and said basically "Really?" ... his answer was that I'd had other warnings on my account and that's why I was banned - plus he said they don't read and evaluate offending posts for context - that it had been reported, previous warnings were on the account so --- Ban Hammer....

So I looked at my two (2019) previous warnings....

1. I told the membership NOT to send a turd in the mail to Robbie Williams after his dispute with Jimmy Page. I also very clearly included Robbie's address so they'd know specifically NOT to send a turd to that address.... STRIKE ONE!!!!!
  2. STRIKE TWO was when I defended a guy who made an innocent joke about Wolf Van Halen and Ed needing to tour to keep him fed... here was my passionate defence.

There’s a difference between making fun of someone’s weight, and acknowledging that someone like Wolf Van Halen is a big-boy and the consequence of raising a big boy like him (and teen boys in general) is that they literally can eat you out of house-and-home.... the humor comes from that - the idea that even Ed (a Rock Star with $) would need to tour to keep him fed..... that’s not making fun of wolf - his weight and age are situational to the humor of the conceit of what it costs to keep a big boy like him fed. Cringe would be making fun of his man-tits and saying that since Valerie slimmed down he now sports the biggest pair in the clan..... You should be able to tell the difference between the two without applying the social justice breaks to the first but by all means we should all discourage the second (usually by ignoring and letting it fall flat but occasionally by taking a stand). I applaud your intentions but reject that it was necessary in this case.

OK -- to be fair - including Robbie Williams' address was probably the deal breaker there - except it was in the article being discussed and it was clearly a joke....

For number two I guess it was man-tits..... note to self - don't mention man-tits -- should have seen it coming....ouch.

Being told that the mechanism for moderation and punishment was really the "reports" from members and that nothing was read or evaluated for context just seemed like a shitting way to moderate anything.... we could use auto-moderation then...

Postscript

Two other warnings (expired) that existed on my account -- one comment about a ridiculous Steve Vai live video that had him literally prancing around the stage in a post orgasmic moment with the wind in his hair like a horsey.... here's my offending post from 2013:

It's a cartoon. Completely cringe worthy. oh the playing is great -- don't get me wrong, but the whole performance was cringe worthy. Music that professes to be a religious experience played by a guy who's acting like a prancing clown. Am I supposed to take Vai seriously? Embarrassed for him - embarrassed by him.... wife came in the room while it was playing... the music caught her attention -- looked over my shoulder to watch.... she said it was like watching a guy who wished he lived in a my little pony cartoon.... Funny thing is she had no idea there were guys out there who wished they lived in a my little pony cartoon. She just pulled that one out of her ass and nailed it. So I guess now I gotta ask: Steve Vai -- a Brony? Could explain it. If I close my eyes I can replay the whole performance with Steve Vai riding a purple pony jumping rainbows and waterfalls. Thanks Steve

And my last (but very first warning) from 2010 - and this one I deserved for sure because I was clearly crossing the political lines. It was in relation to the Red Neck Woman imagery in the Gretchen Wilson video of which I took personal offense  :

Couldn't you have just posted a picture of a guy flipping the bird? The whole redneck embrace is on one hand a marketing pander to exploit people's ignorance and fear as a self identified community of non-thinkers. It's also the reason some kid in China is going to own your ass (or your grandkids' asses) in 50 years --- because he's studying and thinking his ass off right now. I'd start learning Mandarin Chinese. What - you thought Pokeman was innocent? It's mind control buddy.

Hey - it's all art right? Gretchen is very talented and I am looking forward to seeing how booze ages her and the cracks in her voice display the sublime elements of growing up in the shadow of ignorance and poverty. Her pseudo racist anti-thinking agenda is merely a reflection of the backwards socially ignorant environment in which she was conceived and raised. I celebrate it like I celebrate the Blues and techno and Black Sabbath -- it's all reflective of an element of human experience. I like my art in every color - ignorance and running against the wind and plaintive cried against imagined authoritarian monsters is all good for me.

Funny thing about the class system - Go to the UK to see this clearer -- but the greatest trick the moneyed class ever did was somehow convince the working classes not to aspire out of their condition. They needed the population base to remain in its place to sustain the status quo..... the joke's on all of you guys --- Bush 1 & Bush 2 both went to Yale. How does that sit with your redneck agenda?

So- - what have I learned? Well -- I can be a bit of a dick - but I knew that already.... and I hate being governed  by the lowest common denominator --- usually idiots.

52 minutes ago, Dasein said:

So- - what have I learned? Well -- I can be a bit of a dick - but I knew that already.... and I hate being governed  by the lowest common denominator --- usually idiots.

Your mentioning of man-tits and Bronys was simply too close to home for far too many of the members and moderators there.
You were doomed the minute you had them look in the mirror.

1 hour ago, Dasein said:

they don't read and evaluate offending posts for context - that it had been reported, previous warnings were on the account so --- Ban Hammer....

Says it all right there. 

2 hours ago, kizanski said:

Your mentioning of man-tits and Bronys was simply too close to home for far too many of the members and moderators there.
You were doomed the minute you had them look in the mirror.

“Bronies”...

spacer.png

On a side note:

As many of you know, I am selling several guitars and have them for sale here, on Reverb and on The Rear Page.
On TGP you must pay for the privilege of selling your guitars to the tune of $12.00 for a year. For your twelve dollars you get "Supporter" status and can then field retarded questions about guitar weight, neck dimensions, description of acoustic voice, requests for sound clips, etc.

But now I'm suspended for a week and can not see, bump or edit my For Sale threads. I can't receive any emails or access the ones in my Rear Page Inbox (new band name), and any commerce that would have been fostered by selling guitars there (so far there has been none) is denied me by this suspension.

So, my question to you is, after the suspension is lifted do I email all of the moderators and demand $0.23 in restitution?

6 hours ago, Dasein said:

Bush 1 & Bush 2 both went to Yale. How does that sit with your redneck agenda?

I think this does more to blow up your silly "redneck" stereotypes than anything else.  I'm living in Mississippi these days and can confirm there is ignorance, but certainly no more than anywhere else I've lived and for sure less than Southern California which is about as far from redneck as one can be.

Archived