Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Banned at TGP

Dasein

2 hours ago, cynic said:

I think this does more to blow up your silly "redneck" stereotypes than anything else.  I'm living in Mississippi these days and can confirm there is ignorance, but certainly no more than anywhere else I've lived and for sure less than Southern California which is about as far from redneck as one can be.

It was a thread that was talking about the song "Redneck Woman" and how it was marketing to redneck stereotypes (not in an ironic way but actually in a straight up Guns, Boobie3s, & NASCAR kind of way)... didn't post it here to make the case - posted it to show how I was being a dick.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, kizanski said:

On a side note:

As many of you know, I am selling several guitars and have them for sale here, on Reverb and on The Rear Page.
On TGP you must pay for the privilege of selling your guitars to the tune of $12.00 for a year. For your twelve dollars you get "Supporter" status and can then field retarded questions about guitar weight, neck dimensions, description of acoustic voice, requests for sound clips, etc.

But now I'm suspended for a week and can not see, bump or edit my For Sale threads. I can't receive any emails or access the ones in my Rear Page Inbox (new band name), and any commerce that would have been fostered by selling guitars there (so far there has been none) is denied me by this suspension.

So, my question to you is, after the suspension is lifted do I email all of the moderators and demand $0.23 in restitution?

Read the agreement where you paid the $12.00.  If there is nothing said about being under suspension, push the issue.  Create a thread.  Make it legitimate.  Get others to start demanding their money, too.  Ask if any of the lawyers at TGP want to help with a class action suit. 

43 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

Read the agreement where you paid the $12.00.  If there is nothing said about being under suspension, push the issue.  Create a thread.  Make it legitimate.  Get others to start demanding their money, too.  Ask if any of the lawyers at TGP want to help with a class action suit. 

If @Dasein's email is any indication, that's a sure fire way to get banned for life!
...which pretty much assures that I'll do it!

Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it

8 minutes ago, Dasein said:

Isn't today the day for your triumphant return to TGP  @kizanski ?

Yesterday, actually.

All of my posts in the thread in question and any replies to them have been deleted, as well as my For Sale ad for my '76 Explorer.
$12... Money well spent.

cant delete your account, even if you ask their help. tried that earlier this year. I got a warning for spamming because I recommended an amp shop. the sole proprietor is 80. He hand makes everything because vintage stuff is too much for most people. Thought he would be a good resource for the boutique boys...nope. 

33 minutes ago, phoenix said:

cant delete your account, even if you ask their help. tried that earlier this year. I got a warning for spamming because I recommended an amp shop. the sole proprietor is 80. He hand makes everything because vintage stuff is too much for most people. Thought he would be a good resource for the boutique boys...nope. 

That'll teach ya.

43 minutes ago, phoenix said:

Another example of zero consideration given to context. The very definition of lazy, inept moderating.

12 hours ago, MCChris said:

Another example of zero consideration given to context. The very definition of lazy, inept moderating.

That's the crux of it -- that's the failure right there.  I bet whoever "reported" me would be shocked to learn it resulted in my ban. I feel like I'm in a Milan Kundera novel -- The Joke.... (post Soviet invasion Czechoslovakia)....like your fellow posters are the secret police or something and now you have to be scared to speak.

4 hours ago, Dasein said:

That's the crux of it -- that's the failure right there.  I bet whoever "reported" me would be shocked to learn it resulted in my ban. I feel like I'm in a Milan Kundera novel -- The Joke.... (post Soviet invasion Czechoslovakia)....like your fellow posters are the secret police or something and now you have to be scared to speak.

Be careful what you say, there may be TGP double-agents on this site who will report you!

7 hours ago, prototype-fan said:

Be careful what you say, there may be TGP double-agents on this site who will report you!

Image result for Banned

We are watching what you say about our forum on this forum. We are every where!

Guitar George

Archived