Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  
mathman

Amplitube Brian May

On 8/23/2019 at 2:29 PM, The Shark said:

.  My '59 Tweed Deluxe is the only tube amp I play anymore

I have found myself there also!! Thinning the herd of incredible amps. But the Tweed Deluxe stay’s. Funny how how after all of the years of chasing tone I’m happiest with 60 year old technology.....

• Like 1

Took some more time to try to match the sound of Hammer to fall.

Closer.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

I’ll be a pall bearer and the grave digger.

I appreciate the offer.  I've never been in better shape in my adult life.  The list specifying who gets what is already in stone.  Unless somebody goes before me...

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Dutchman said:

I have found myself there also!! Thinning the herd of incredible amps. But the Tweed Deluxe stay’s. Funny how how after all of the years of chasing tone I’m happiest with 60 year old technology.....

Don't get me wrong.  I could never take my Deluxe to a gig with my band.  It's just the ultimate amp to test guitars and "noodle" with.  I never knew what the term "organic" meant until I bought my '55 Tweed Twin.  I sold that amp because my '59 Deluxe sounded very similar, but in a much smaller world.  The most volume-knob sensitive amp I've owned.

Everyone should own a Tweed Deluxe, be it clone or original.  My buddy has a Victoria that I've offered lots of dough for.  The 5e3 circuit is fantastic.  My favorite.  Curiously, I hate Blackface Deluxe amps.  I'm odd...

• Like 1