Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hello fellow Hamer lovers

just got accepted into the forum and have been a very long lurker.  I bought my Hamer, a 2001 Studio Custom back in 2003 used off of eBay.  I had finally purchased my dream guitar back in the early 2000’s.  It was a 90 Les Paul standard that I was so excited to own as I dreamed about through my high school years of the early 80s.

Wow,  I truly grew to hate the les Paul.  It just never stayed in tune and the intonation was spotty and don’t get me started on construction. Long story short I sold it and searched for the replacement.  I bought the Hamer for about 600 thinking it would be a great interim guitar.  Good Wow. I fell in love with the tone and quality of the guitar.  

I live in New Hartford CT so it gives a little more attachment to the brand.  Thanks for letting me join the group!

Welcome to the fan club. We thrive on pics so if you can find a way to get it posted then you’ll make a lot of people on here very happy... 😉

You can find a good Les Paul if you keep looking.  The early 90s were a terrible time for Gibson.  My 1992 Les Paul has its issues.  The Gibson electrics coming into the local store where I worked had a lot of problems around that time, too.  The Hamers hanging in the store back then were obviously far better.  You can have a Hamer and a Les Paul like many of us here. 

Welcome Peter SC. We do like pics, and many of us have Hamers and Gibbys! While they've had their share of problems, occasionally Gibson pukes out a good'un every now and then! So, again, welcome, and enjoy the insanity that is HFC!

1 minute ago, Ed Rechts said:

Welcome.

Please, I BEG YOU, do NOT change your screen name

I did l0lz. 

Welcome. You can usually knock down the image size of your pics by emailing them to yourself and selecting anything other than full-size. 

Welcome aboard. I can assure you that dozens of us are ready and willing to free you of your Studio Custom for the princely sum of $350.

And Rechts is right. Don't change your handle.

Ever.

Welcome aboard to the best  guitar forum on the net!.....................and so much more.! People here actually go out of their way to help each other....................imagine that! A great place to occupy a space!:)

Archived