Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I gifted my son a new Custom Superstat yesterday!!!

I commissioned a guitar to be built for him about 4 months ago without my son having any clue about it.

So the guitar finally got finished and I planned on surprising him yesterday afternoon.

He knows that I'm constantly scoring killer deals at pawnshops, and is pretty much used to the stories.

I called him and told him that I scored one of the most amazing scores EVER in a pawnshop today.

I told him to bring his camera because he was going to want photographic evidence of the score.

When he got to the house, I stopped him and told him to give me his iphone so I could video him narrating this moment in his life.

Here's the abbreviated video he posted on his Instagram last night.

The video is under his profile pic.

The Guitar.

Here's the link

https://www.instagram.com/ahernandez59/

Here are the specs of the guitar.

48589453272_c187ac7076_c.jpg

Here are some pics he took of his guitar with his digital camera:

48603594182_83daeeff0f_b.jpg

48603465066_3b57f073e0_b.jpg

48603636757_9244b855b6_b.jpg

That’s awesome!  Excellent gift for your son. I only hope my son takes to the guitar so I can do the same for him like my father did for me. My dad got me into hamers by getting me my ‘94 Mirage when I was 14 and I still have it. Your son will cherish that guitar forever. 

7 minutes ago, Dutchman said:

It’s fun giving your kids things!! Here’s a few I’ve gifted my son!!

0179A2F7-C810-4382-9A68-1D71A57618D7.jpeg

Nice collection Dutchman.

I'm guessing he digs the Charvel the best. That's one sweet guitar.

6 hours ago, Texsunburst59 said:

I'm guessing he digs the Charvel the best. That's one sweet guitar.

Actually he likes the Peavey best! I refinished the neck (rolled the edges frets leveled crowned and polished) and installed some custom Mini-buckers. He play’s acoustic alot and the Firenza has a wider neck. The Charvel and Strat where my gigging guitars and the ones he learned to play on.

Well done Skip! What a beautiful and awesome guitar to give to your son................................ can you be my "DAD".?:lol: I know he is going to love having that guitar! Your a great father....................and I'm sure your son knows that....................with or without that wonderful new guitar.:)

2 hours ago, Dutchman said:

Actually he likes the Peavey best! I refinished the neck (rolled the edges frets leveled crowned and polished) and installed some custom Mini-buckers. He play’s acoustic alot and the Firenza has a wider neck. The Charvel and Strat where my gigging guitars and the ones he learned to play on.

If he’s not using that Charvel....  dibs?

2 hours ago, ARM OF HAMER said:

Well done Skip! What a beautiful and awesome guitar to give to your son................................ can you be my "DAD".?:lol: I know he is going to love having that guitar! Your a great father....................and I'm sure your son knows that....................with or without that wonderful new guitar.:)

Thanks for much for the kind words Gary.

My son and I are best friends, and we both love guitars and 70's rock music.

We take weekend trips to San Antonio & Austin to check out as many guitar shops and restaurants as we can.

We also go to check out live music as well.

We're both going to see Jeff Beck in San Antonio on Sept. 22, which is going to be so cool.

I don't have any other  close friend I could go with that would enjoy and understand someone like Jeff Beck.

My son is worthy of a gift like this for just being who he is.

2 hours ago, Travis said:

If he’s not using that Charvel....  dibs?

I doubt he’d part with it! He borrowed that guitar to play his first gig’s (Pomp Room, Sioux Falls) and record his then band album. 

1 hour ago, Dutchman said:

I doubt he’d part with it! He borrowed that guitar to play his first gig’s (Pomp Room, Sioux Falls) and record his then band album. 

That’s awesome. My dad got me my charvel 650xl when I was 13. If my son doesn’t pick it up it’s getting buried with me. 

Actually, if I go early then I’m gonna will it to @JGravelin because the pickups he wound for that guitar are so killer...

51 minutes ago, Peter Studio Custom said:

Man that guitar is freakin awesome!  That Carr amp looks very cool,  those sound really great but the costs are high.

what a great gift to your son.  That Austin area is such a great part of the country for live music 

Thanks Peter.

South Texas is a great area for music. A lot of talent here.

The Carr isn't mine, I just quoted Dutchman's post. The amp is his, and you're right, it is an awesome amp.

3 hours ago, Peter Studio Custom said:

Man that guitar is freakin awesome!  That Carr amp looks very cool,  those sound really great but the costs are high.

what a great gift to your son.  That Austin area is such a great part of the country for live music 

I gave him the Carr too 😀

Archived