Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  
LordsoftheJungle

Pete Townsend Owned Hiwatt Custom 100 Head DR-103

3 minutes ago, DaveL said:

he bought my explorer...    nice guy, lives in Brentwood Tennessee,    but then reused my shots without asking, and sold it for $400 more

than he paid...

Whadda bone-gulper!

If I buy a guitar and the guy's photos are better than mine, I use them.  

Buyers reuse my photos all the time.  

I figure once the pix are uploaded in an ad for all to see, they go with the guitar.  

3 minutes ago, kizanski said:

If I buy a guitar and the guy's photos are better than mine, I use them.  

Buyers reuse my photos all the time.  

I figure once the pix are uploaded in an ad for all to see, they go with the guitar.  

Whadda nice guy!

Just now, gtrdaddy said:

Whadda nice guy!

Sometimes.

Of all the things you can get bent out of shape about when dealing with clowns on Ebay and Reverb and the like, someone reusing your photos which you willfully offered up for free is way down the list.   

Using your photos when trying to sell a guitar they don't own, or to sell a similar but not The guitar in those photos is a real problem, however.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Sometimes.

Of all the things you can get bent out of shape about when dealing with clowns on Ebay and Reverb and the like, someone reusing your photos which you willfully offered up for free is way down the list.   

Using your photos when trying to sell a guitar they don't own, or to sell a similar but not The guitar in those photos is a real problem, however.  

Whadda smart feller.

14 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Sometimes.

Is your computer code willfully offered up for free?     (Not sure if that was your career but thought it was).    

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DaveL said:

Is your computer code willfully offered up for free?     (Not sure if that was your career but thought it was).    

It's not, but if it were I wouldn't expect to have any claim on it if I posted it in a Reverb ad. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DaveL said:

he bought my explorer...    nice guy, lives in Brentwood Tennessee,    but then reused my shots without asking, and sold it for $400 more

than he paid...

My first wife was from Brentwood/Franklin.  Her best friend was the daughter of Tammy Wynette and George Jones.  I'm not fond of my "Brentwood" experience either... 

Edited by The Shark
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gtrdaddy said:

Whadda smart feller.

Don't encourage him...

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, DaveL said:

All "computer code" is offered up for free. Right click on any web page, select "View Page Source" and there it is.

Why don't you watermark your photos?

1 hour ago, MCChris said:

All "computer code" is offered up for free. Right click on any web page, select "View Page Source" and there it is.

Why don't you watermark your photos?

I could, but I think it looks obnoxious for the purpose of a gear page ad.  Last couple times I’ve run into it we’re creeps who didn’t own thr guitar.     People must share my opinion because it was random strangers who let me know.