Hamer Fan Club Message Center

HNOPD — happy new old pedal day!

draelyc

It’s embarrassing, but for the past several years one of my favorite boost pedals has been unusable because the sound would go in and out intermittently and I just couldn’t count on it to work.  Put it on the shelf, and meanwhile my rig(s) evolved in a different direction so I didn’t really need it.

I figured the TB footswitch had gone bad and needed replacing, a job that’s rather beyond my meager soldering skills.  Kept meaning to find a tech who could do it, but since it wasn’t critical to my rig, I never got around to it.

So I had a little free time the other day, and on a whim I took the pedal apart, removed the switch from the chassis (left the wiring in tact, of course), doused the whole thing in contact cleaner, let it dry, and put it all back together.  Whaddaya know?  Works like it was brand new again.

Like I said, embarrassing to discover that all it needed was cleaning.

But now it’s like I have a new (old) pedal! :D 

And since I don’t need it as a boost any more, I’ve been messing with it as an od/distortion into a clean amp.  I never used to like it that way, but I guess my tastes have changed, because now I think it sounds pretty great with my Mirage & Shiva. :o  What do y’all think?

18 minutes ago, draelyc said:

With my other Hamer (and a couple additional pedals), just for fun:

It sounds pretty darn good! Like your choice of phaser, the Moon Phaser is the only phaser I’ve ever really cozied up to. One of the few effects I always keep on my board.

That are some fun toys you have there. And great sounding guitars for sure. What's the brand? I couldn't read it in the vids. B)

Great playing btw.

Thanks, y'all!

Not sure about the guitar brand … some kinda Gibson or PRS knockoff. :o👮‍♂️ :lol:

Archived